Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 AM

176 posts, read 348,751 times

Advertisements

Alright, i've been searching the hell out of these forums for the past few days now and it seems like a lot of people really like to complain... Anywho I currently live in Philadelphia as a college undergrad. I will be graduating in 2015 at the age of 23 and would like to move because Philly and NJ is feeling pretty stale and since I've discovered this forum it really has opened my eyes to how beautiful this country is. Ideally i'd like to move out west but i'm okay moving around the east coast as well. I had originally been looking at Denver (Capitol Hill area) and Seattle. They're both beautiful although quite different, i must say though going by my personal preference i think Seattle is more for me. However i can't tell you how much hate I've seen about more men moving to Seattle. Apparently the women there are the ugliest in the US the way people make it sound Denver apparently is better but for the west coast most people say San Diego and California in general is best for a SWM looking for attractive women. Despite the fact that out of the three cities San Diego has the most highest man to woman ratio for my age group according to the US Census Bureau.

Okay so the odd part. I looked up the 2010 US census and in the age range 20-29 there are slightly more females than males in Seattle?? Same goes for Denver. I'm confused because everyone on this forum says there is WAAYYYY more men than women in both of these cities. Also I decided to check general attractiveness myself. I made an account on a popular dating website and made the only filter ages 18-22. I cycled through over 20 pages in each city and could not decide which had a higher quantity of more attractive women. Actually think Seattle might have had a very slight edge, but it could be chance too.

I also viewed Boston, MA women of the same age group because apparently it's a great city to be a SWM in. Again i really couldn't tell which of the three cities had more attractive women... So what the hell is going on here? The only city out of Denver, Seattle, and Boston with a significant difference in male:female ratio is Boston for the age group of 20-29. And that ratio favors males. I could not find exceptionally more ugly women in Seattle either.. Have stereo types really gone this far or am i missing out on something..? Sorry if i was an ass, i know it's only my first post but I'm just really confused and slightly offended by this forum. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Well, Sean, the women in no place are all excited about getting another horn dog user, exploiter, gamer to move around to their area. If the opinion of the women counts, which it probably doesn't.

Just a hint: the photos on dating site just might not be accurate. Just a guess.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM

59 posts, read 88,813 times
http://www.creativeclass.com/_v3/who...he_Singles_Map

Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM

176 posts, read 348,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Well, Sean, the women in no place are all excited about getting another horn dog user, exploiter, gamer to move around to their area. If the opinion of the women counts, which it probably doesn't.

Just a hint: the photos on dating site just might not be accurate. Just a guess.
I think you were trying to offend me there lol. Regardless it wasn't a helpful answer even a little bit. Also I have seen the singles map and I acknowledge its accuracy. There are more single men in Seattle over the age of 30 from what I could tell. Under the age of 30 it was about even though. That's why I looked up those around my age. Also I think hipster girls are cute, which a lot of people seem to hate on

Old 03-22-2013, 01:20 PM

87 posts, read 229,683 times
You're not going to find the answers you seek by searching these forums. Since you're not going to graduate until 2015, you have plenty of time to visit Seattle and Denver.

You say you think hipster girls are cute. If this is the case, it doesn't matter whether you live in Philadelphia, Seattle, Denver or Boston. There are a high number of hipster girls in all those cities. The hipster girls in Philadelphia, Seattle, Denver, and Boston look the same.

However, if you outgrow your attraction to hipster girls by 2015, there is a considerable difference between the attractiveness of women among the non-hipster population in the cities you mentioned. You need to travel and see this for yourself.

You said Philly and NJ are feeling pretty stale to you. If this is the case, Boston is not going to be an improvement. You need to head west.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM

9 posts, read 14,818 times
Who cares how attractive quote all of the women are? You just need to get lucky once. You can't use statistics to find someone you'll have a connection with. It just...happens. Or it doesn't. There are bigger divisions between Denver and Seaytle than the women there. Use those other criteria to make an informed decision and build a life wherever that happens to be and you'll do better than trying to weedle out the city with the most attractive women.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:55 PM

I don't agree with Hg80 that you just need to get lucky once. What happens if you break up with that one person, if you're living in a city with a weak dating pool?

The other criteria that are constantly debated on this website -- such as culture, museums, activities, bars, restaurants, amenities, shopping, transportation, cafes, skyscrapers, housing stock, urban density, public art etc. -- are comparatively meaningless.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:02 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_im_sean View Post
Alright, i've been searching the hell out of these forums for the past few days now and it seems like a lot of people really like to complain... Anywho I currently live in Philadelphia as a college undergrad. I will be graduating in 2015 at the age of 23 and would like to move because Philly and NJ is feeling pretty stale and since I've discovered this forum it really has opened my eyes to how beautiful this country is. Ideally i'd like to move out west but i'm okay moving around the east coast as well. I had originally been looking at Denver (Capitol Hill area) and Seattle. They're both beautiful although quite different, i must say though going by my personal preference i think Seattle is more for me. However i can't tell you how much hate I've seen about more men moving to Seattle. Apparently the women there are the ugliest in the US the way people make it sound Denver apparently is better but for the west coast most people say San Diego and California in general is best for a SWM looking for attractive women. Despite the fact that out of the three cities San Diego has the most highest man to woman ratio for my age group according to the US Census Bureau.

Okay so the odd part. I looked up the 2010 US census and in the age range 20-29 there are slightly more females than males in Seattle?? Same goes for Denver. I'm confused because everyone on this forum says there is WAAYYYY more men than women in both of these cities. Also I decided to check general attractiveness myself. I made an account on a popular dating website and made the only filter ages 18-22. I cycled through over 20 pages in each city and could not decide which had a higher quantity of more attractive women. Actually think Seattle might have had a very slight edge, but it could be chance too.

I also viewed Boston, MA women of the same age group because apparently it's a great city to be a SWM in. Again i really couldn't tell which of the three cities had more attractive women... So what the hell is going on here? The only city out of Denver, Seattle, and Boston with a significant difference in male:female ratio is Boston for the age group of 20-29. And that ratio favors males. I could not find exceptionally more ugly women in Seattle either.. Have stereo types really gone this far or am i missing out on something..? Sorry if i was an ass, i know it's only my first post but I'm just really confused and slightly offended by this forum. Thanks!
If you have confidence and a decent game. You'll have no problem finding women in any city you go. I don't know about Denver.

But the single scene in Seattle is full of passive men who don't make the move on women, so just having some confidence of talking to a woman would be a bonus to you. Women in So Cal tend to be a bit flakey from my experience, and looks matter more over here.

I'm seeing you're attitude is self-defeating, most women can sense someone who's unconfident about himself.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Travel & Leisure Magazine ranks US cities each year in terms of the number of attractive people. Certain cities appear at the bottom of the list every year.

The number of attractive women in a given city was established by historical forces before you got there. Your confidence level isn't going to make attractive women magically appear in cities with a small number of attractive women.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient Oracle View Post
Travel & Leisure Magazine ranks US cities each year in terms of the number of attractive people. Certain cities appear at the bottom of the list every year.

The number of attractive women in a given city was established by historical forces before you got there. Your confidence level isn't going to make attractive women magically appear in cities with a small number of attractive women.
Exactly, and given the OP's current city of residence in accordance to that it's not a surprising dilemma. In my opinion, some of the big cities in the Midwest would be where to focus. Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland and Columbus come to mind. All are cities with plenty of young, attractive, professional single women and largely without the pretension/games found in the major east or west coast cities. My two cents anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.