Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 AM

176 posts, read 348,751 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm curious where your opinion of the best year round weather is. Im talking all seasons considered and not just where has the most sunshine. I'm asking you to consider things such as change of season, humidity levels, frequency of storms, and how moderate/volatile a climate in an area is. I really hope i dont get a bunch of So-Cal answers because i feel that's a generic answer at this point and to be fair it is rather dry there and having the same type of weather year round might get boring. I'm not saying So-Cal isn't the best, but I'm asking you to think about it a bit before you answer! Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
My city!
Name that Sun Belt city!
Name that popular/overrated C-D city!

Sorry for getting the thread off to such a hot start (I'm sure you mean well), but I can only see where this thing is going, as it has gone many many many times before. Personally, I prefer 4 distinct seasons or my body gets very confused, but I'm not a huge fan of the extremes, but will endure them for lots of other (more important) reasons, such as schooling, safety, or economy. I mean, does anyone truly PREFER extreme heat, cold or violent weather (storms are cool to watch, but not endure)? That being said, I've always though that Boston or New York's weather was somewhat ideal for a person with my tastes. Chicago as well, especially lately, as winters have been nothing compared to their historical past. I like greenery and water though, so that means rain AND sunshine.....lots of it!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 AM

I'm not too far away in the Philadelphia area, still looking for a change though! Thanks for the input and yes i tend to be a bit optimistic i suppose about the responses this thread should receive.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,251,837 times
IMHO, it's Midwestern weather (Northeastern is similar, but its proximity to the Atlantic makes it slightly more temperate). Four very distinct seasons that are virtually equal in length. Green, dewy springs, warm (but usually not blazing) summers with just the right touch of humidity, cool, colorful falls, and cold winters with a nice blanket of snow.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,006 times
How do you define best?

Me personally WOULD pick California over say, the midwest. No bugs or muggy summers, no severe Thunderstorms, no tornadoes, no flooding, no brutal winters, no golf ball sized hail. Yeah seasons are cool, but not when they are like that.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM

eh, i dont know how i'd really define best yet. I don't have enough personal experience to say. Im curious what you all think though if you can back up your claims.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_im_sean View Post
eh, i dont know how i'd really define best yet. I don't have enough personal experience to say. Im curious what you all think though if you can back up your claims.
A lot of people think Southern California's weather is bland. But really, we get all four seasons. The difference is, you don't have to experience all of them if you don't want. For example, Winter cold and snow as well as autumn colors can be found in the mountains. The Autumnal style prevails in other parts too. If you like heat you can visit the desert. If you don't like heat THAT much you can simply visit the inland areas that aren't as hot. If you like cool or mild weather there is the beach, there are parts that get dreary...etc. It's easy to undersell CA's meteorlogical diversity but it's certainly there.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,978,552 times
Phoenix has nearly the best weather year round imo. Seriously if you stay indoors or in the pool the whole summer you won't even realize it's 108. Oct-April though the weather is bomb.com.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM

14 posts, read 68,422 times
My sister lives in central New Jersey and despite the recent catastrophe that was Sandy, I think the weather there is quite nice. All 4 seasons, not too much of anything (rain, snow, humidity), and no season lasts too much longer than another. Right now she says it's 62 degrees and sunny & took her dog for a walk *jealous*

Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,032,687 times
Winter in South Florida is amazing...and summer isn't as hot as most other cities on the East Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.