Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times

Advertisements

Yeah I know. I was in Houston when it was all happening. It was going to hit Houston, but didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post

Is being in Texas a bad thing? You must have watched too many California movies. We vote Democrat. The only reason Texas is red is because of the Dallasites and the hicks-in-the-sticks. Houston, the home of the Texas Democratic Machine, does it's best to make the state bluer.

\.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Kerry lost Dallas County 51% to 50 %. Kerry lost Harris County 55% to 44%. Dallas was said to be the most liberal city in Texas. Dallas becomes increasingly democratic and blue as the year goes by. You, saying Dallas, is FALSE.

Another thing you said that was false. Houston, the home of the Texas Democratic Machine? Have you heard of Austin? What was the only county that had a major city in Texas vote blue in the 2004 elections? You guessed it, Travis County. Home of Austin, Texas. Austin is known to be the liberal Oasis in a sea of Red. Austin is known for being a city that is more like California than it is like Texas.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
The only reason why Texas is a red state is because of the suburbs and rural towns. Houston, Austin, and Dallas are all liberal cities.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Another thing you said that was false. Houston, the home of the Texas Democratic Machine? Have you heard of Austin?
Austin, home of former Houstonians. They may have offices there but it's headquartered here.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 AM

690 posts, read 2,630,092 times
Quote:
Given that Texas also produced our current President...
Although he'd like people to believe otherwise, he is NOT a native Texan.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
Although he'd like people to believe otherwise, he is NOT a native Texan.
I agree. Let's pin him with Connecticut along with Joe LIEberman.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:32 PM

327 posts, read 755,247 times
As much as I hate to admit it, I consider Dumbya a Texan. He has spent the majority of his life growing up here, after all, and we know good and well that if he were doing an excellent job right now, everybody in the state would be claiming he was from here.

If only we had voted for Ann Richards again, none of what's happening now would have ever happened. Although is really is unfair for someone to blame every stupid thing he does on us. How were we to know he'd screw the country up this bad when he got in The White House

Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I consider Dumbya a Texan. He has spent the majority of his life growing up here, after all, and we know good and well that if he were doing an excellent job right now, everybody in the state would be claiming he was from here.

If only we had voted for Ann Richards again, none of what's happening now would have ever happened. Although is really is unfair for someone to blame every stupid thing he does on us. How were we to know he'd screw the country up this bad when he got in The White House
How do we know he would have screwed the country up?........LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
I wouldn’t call those pics ugly. They just represent what a typical Texas city looks like, flat, somewhat bland, and sprawling. All the big cities in Texas are like that.

Houston has some nice residential areas though and it’s very green. I also like the hi rise development in the Galleria area. Reminds me a little of Century City in LA.
You are so wrong on the statement. NOT ALL TEXAS CITIES LOOK LIKE HOUSTON!!! Houston just happens to be near the coast, thats why its flat. Most of the coastal region of Texas is somewhat flat. Houston doesnt look anything like Dallas, Austin or San Antonio....you know why? Because Houston isnt Dallas, Austin or San Antonio. Each medium to large Texas city has its own unique character. Most rural towns look the same as they do over most of the USA. Houston , in my opinion has to be the most unique Texas city because of one factor.....NO ZONING!!!! Hey, basically it has made that city. Dallas is unique because it tries to blend different concepts from other cities. Austin is unique because of its people and ...guess what its in the HILL COUNTRY....no flat spraw there. San Antonio is unique because its basically Mexico. So you stating that Houston looks like everywhere else in Texas, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
Oh my....did I just defend Houston?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
I meant the whole Metroplex since Dallasites love to include their suburbs to boost up their city (err...I mean region).
Most Dallassites that live with LBJ Freeway (I-635), dont even want to claim our suburbs.

Uptown Dallas resident : "So where do you live?"
Mesquite resident : " Mesquite"
Uptown Dallas resident : "OMG MESQUITE"
Irving resident : "Irving"
Uptown Dallas reident : " I'm Sorry"
Frisco resident : "Frisco"
Uptown Dallas resident : "MY GOD YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE IN OKLAHOMA"
Garland resident : "Garland"
Uptown Dallas resident : "WHERE???"

You get the IDEA????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.