Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times

Advertisements

As a Washingtonian, I envy Chicago's miles and miles of beautiful lakefront. It's amazing to have that right in your backyard. I also envy Miami's beautiful beaches (South Beach) and weather during the harsh wintwr months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 03:27 PM

62 posts, read 85,129 times
As someone who lived nearby Connecticut's coastline and enjoyed it tremendously for a few years, I envy those who have the pleasure of living along such settings (regardless of the state it happens to be in.)

I do not, however, envy the price of living in settings like that.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM

24 posts, read 66,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
Literacy.
I like this guy.
...and could have said the same thing.

As an Alabama resident, I envy places that don't consider WalMart to be the center of the universe.
-that don't consider pajamas acceptable attire for public places.
-that think more of their surroundings than to toss trash out of the car windows.
-that actually have something to look at in terms of natural topography.
-where 90 degrees actually feels good vs. here, where 82 feels miserably hot.

-and, of course, literacy.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Who doesn't envy those people who can afford to own a luxury condo in the Upper East Side of Manhattan?

That's what you call living on top of the world. Sheesh.
Definitely not for me. I envy Hawaii's tropical trade winds, access to garden fresh produce year round, water sports, abundant recreation, beautiful culture, and variety of inspiring scenery. To make it in to Hawaii and live the good life, that's the very top for me.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-24-2013 at 10:29 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
I envy any city with a lush landscape. Denver's greenery looks so fake to me.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Having the perspective of living in a desert currently I envy states like Michigan that have a great abundance of fresh water. That's going to be worth it's weight in gold at some point in time and future generations will likely revive Detroit.

I also envy San Francisco's mix urban cosmopolitan ambiance mixed with architectural charm and character, iconic landmarks, culinary endowment, blended with a very beautiful setting.

I envy Vermont, just because it's pretty and feels very peaceful while sustaining original New England charm and nicely laid back.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-24-2013 at 10:32 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Who doesn't envy those people who can afford to own a luxury condo in the Upper East Side of Manhattan?

I don't. NYC is good, but Los Angeles is the best city in the country, and is much better. I envy the diversity in LA, but luckily, I'm close enough to get to it. I DO envy NYC's walkability and public transportation. I envy the weather, beaches and scenery in Hawaii. I also envy the beaches and thunderstorms of Florida.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Weather, why live 7 months of your life in doors?
cuz most people in your city don't spend April and October indoors.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:47 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
As a native of Pennsylvania, I'm jealous of the fact that major cities in other states can get enough federal transportation dollars to reconstruct their busiest Interstates with modern design features.

As a long-time Georgia resident, I envy any state that doesn't have other states telling it what to do with its own water supply.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,136,325 times
Quote:

I'd take a small house on Telegraph Hill with Bay Bridge and City views any day over the UES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.