Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:47 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times

Advertisements

^ the CBD is like the 5th largest in the US, it is Gigantic, especially for its size (in the city at least)

and Its Constantly lively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,707 times
Baltimore, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Indianapolis have enough going on "downtown." Pittsburgh, maybe a little less so.

I have not been in NYC outside of JFK airport. My list, from observation, would be headed by Chicago and Seattle.

What about Philadelphia?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM

718 posts, read 2,687,669 times
manhattan, sf, dc

Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,107,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
San Antonio riverwalk is nice.............but San Antonio is one of those cities, I would easily drive past or just fly over to get to another city.

Doesn't look too bad though.

I do have a tend to not really like, cities.......with the cheap Space Needle knock offs.............I like to call them "Fake Needles"

I give Vegas a pass, because it's cin city and that's what they do.

But to the others........come on. Get your own icon, don't copy.

Space Needle - Seattle, Washington USA

Was the Space Needle the first of its kind? (1962)
Tower of Americas (1968)

Old 11-10-2007, 01:08 AM

288 posts, read 1,328,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Was the Space Needle the first of its kind? (1962)
Tower of Americas (1968)
To be honest, as far as I am aware,........There was only one before the Space Needle (That no one seems to know about), It sat on top of a mall or building.

The Space Needle looked nothing like it, The other one is now closed down and gone. That's the only one I ever heard of.

The Space Needle is now the most famous of it's kind, and pretty much the blue print for others.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM

26 posts, read 81,482 times
Has anyone ever been to Memphis? Beale Street is pretty lively... They say it's the busiest street in the South after Bourbon. Also a lot of people using the trolley on Main street last time I was there.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM

26 posts, read 81,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Lower Manhattan is not lively unless you are talking about Tribeca, SOHO, Chinatown or the Village. Those are separate but vibrant neighborhoods. I personally think a lot of you have never been to NYC and have no idea about the city. You see a list and automatically throw it into the mix. Downtown LA is also weak.
You really don't know what you're talking about. Even Battery City (furthest south you can go in Lower Manhattan) is on the upswing. Ever been to South Street Seaport? And you are excluding Chelsea which is very lively. I don't think YOU'VE ever been here...

Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM

349 posts, read 1,430,625 times
DC is lively, but most of it isn't downtown except the east end and parts of K st. The liveliness is in all the other neighborhoods like Georgetown, Adams Morgan, U St, Dupont, Capitol Hill and across the river in Clarendon and Old Town Alexandria. It's actually pretty sad because tourists come to DC and say how boring it is cause they stay downtown or some place like Crystal City and then think there is little going on.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 PM

102 posts, read 472,360 times
Los angeles but not the downtown part more the Hollywood areas

Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Baltimore, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Indianapolis have enough going on "downtown." Pittsburgh, maybe a little less so.

I have not been in NYC outside of JFK airport. My list, from observation, would be headed by Chicago and Seattle.

What about Philadelphia?

i'm pretty sure your opinion would change if you decided to walk through Manhattan

Philly, like other big cities, have certain spots with foot traffic. Rittenhouse, Old City, UC & South Street. the rest can be quiet/residential.

Last edited by john_starks; 01-29-2008 at 07:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.