Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times

Advertisements

[quote=Colts;1920836]

Well at least it was just one pic this time
You're in IN,why doncha post some pics of there,I'd much rather see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Keep an eye on Nutter and Philly. Good things are ahead for this city.
Hope you're right about that. Bringing the city into the 21st century would be a start. If Nutter really wants to make me happy, he can start by synching the lights on Henry Avenue.

Anything's better than the current Bozo In Charge.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM

646 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Philadelphia has a long history of being a one party town. Back in the day it was the Republicans but this changed to the Democrats during the early 20th century.

The problem with being a one party town is that it is generally unhealthy for the city. It leads to a lot of backroom deals and sleazy corruption. Certainly all of the cities in the Northeast suffer from some form of institutional corruption, however Philly has it particularly bad because it is considered a one party town.
You mean like Bloomie in NY who was a Dem who ran on a Repub ticket bc Giuli 's time was over. ?? (What? Me worry?) NY's pretty much a one party too, and it will emerge through any disguise. Everything is shady in NY. From way back in St Tammany Lodge and long before.

I don't think there is survival without corruption in the NE.

I never heard too much too bad come out of Boston though, not saying there hasn't been, just it's not pumped too much that I know of.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hope you're right about that. Bringing the city into the 21st century would be a start. If Nutter really wants to make me happy, he can start by synching the lights on Henry Avenue.

or synching lights on any of the streets for that matter. sheeeesh get with it nutter!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuyTownRefugee View Post
You mean like Bloomie in NY who was a Dem who ran on a Repub ticket bc Giuli 's time was over. ?? (What? Me worry?) NY's pretty much a one party too, and it will emerge through any disguise. Everything is shady in NY. From way back in St Tammany Lodge and long before.

I don't think there is survival without corruption in the NE.

I never heard too much too bad come out of Boston though, not saying there hasn't been, just it's not pumped too much that I know of.
don't forget Jersey,Baltimore & DC ...corrupt to the core.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Again,gotta love the northeast
Any wonder why I been tryin to get outta here?...

Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
don't forget Jersey,Baltimore & DC ...corrupt to the core.
But it keeps us strong!........................................no. ...it doesn't. lol

Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Ya know, StuckPA, there really is corruption everywhere. The difference I've noticed is that politicians elsewhere don't seem so blatantly entitled to their slice of the pie like they do in Pennsylvania ("Hey, I'm a city councilman/liquor control board member/dogcatcher! I'm entitled to kickbacks and to employ my dysfunctional brother-in-law!" ).

And, unlike in Pa., when politicians elsewhere get caught, they have the brains to at least act humbled.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM

676 posts, read 2,797,360 times
You think they're corrupt there... try Utah the only place where you are a nobody unless you have the LDS.. Philly was just one of the key parts of creating our country.. what a joke

Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
unlike in Pa., when politicians elsewhere get caught, they have the brains to at least act humbled.
Correctamundo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.