Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMyrtle View Post
If I had my choice I would go where it is cold all year lol. Thank you both for your input.

Why don't you move to the Lake Superior side of Michigan's upper peninsula? It was 57 degrees in Whitefish Point on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM

65 posts, read 89,370 times
Give California a try. We have lots to offer.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:54 PM

4 posts, read 6,333 times
Thank you so much for every response. I am still not sure what we are going to do just yet. Looking into Idaho currently.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,079 times
There's always New Mexico! Perfect climate and beautiful scenery.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:56 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMyrtle View Post
I think Missouri is beautiful and I used to live in Colorado. I should have added my friend is coming with us and for some reason she doesn't seem to want to go to Colorado. I just don't want to deal with hotter weather than I am here. If I had my choice I would go where it is cold all year lol. Thank you both for your input.

If you are in Michigan then most places are hotter than you are up there, and really no where is much colder. (other than Alaska obviously) You've said you don't like humid weather, don't like anything hotter than Michigan. That being said you could say there are a few possibilities. Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas. All far north states east of Michigan are humid, so I did not list them. The best news is that some of those states have an economic boom going on because of oil and gas production in that part of the nation.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:11 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Eastern Washington, like in Spokane.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,657 times
Not exactly west, but you could look at SW Ohio. Similar to Michigan's climate, but milder. Only a couple snowy days per year. Depends on if you want a big change or something similar but more hospitable, weather-wise.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times
I can't give you much advice on Idaho but I'll put the misconception (general) that Montana is a frozen tundra with impassable mountains to rest. Yes, parts are frozen tundra- The Highline, and there are impassable ountains but there are plenty of cities that are neither.

The Eastern 2/3rds of the state can have extreme weather from extreme colds to 100+ temps in the summer

The Western 1/4 is nice and part of it is considered the banana belt so it's a little warmer. Thompson Falls and Plains are in that region. That side of the state can be tricky because it captues all our weather patterns. The clouds get too heavy to cross the Continental Divide so they dump all their rain and snow over there. Missoula is a nice town but it's overcast quite often there.

Over here in Helena we have pretty mild weather. The vast majority of days are bright and sunny and we only receive 11 inches of percipitation a year on average. That includes the moisture in our snow. We're in a valley so we have views of the mountains which can accumulate snow but we don't have to drive in it much.

Butte and Bozeman both get more snow and are typically colder than Helena. Bozeman is a nice town though.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 AM

21 posts, read 27,438 times
Most warmer and sunnier climates are much more humid. From your post it seems like you might prefer the San Francisco area. If you are willing to trade up your ideal of a sunnier climate than most of the Pacific Northwest will fit your description.

A maioria dos climas mais quentes e ensolarado são muito mais úmido. De seu posto, parece que você pode preferir a área de San Francisco. Se você está disposto a negociar o seu ideal de um clima mais ensolarado do que a maior parte do noroeste do Pacífico vai caber a sua descrição.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:44 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by céu View Post
Most warmer and sunnier climates are much more humid. From your post it seems like you might prefer the San Francisco area. If you are willing to trade up your ideal of a sunnier climate than most of the Pacific Northwest will fit your description.

A maioria dos climas mais quentes e ensolarado são muito mais úmido. De seu posto, parece que você pode preferir a área de San Francisco. Se você está disposto a negociar o seu ideal de um clima mais ensolarado do que a maior parte do noroeste do Pacífico vai caber a sua descrição.
Translation? Why would you assume the OP doesn't speak English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.