Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 11:41 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,458,487 times

Advertisements

What social, economic, or basic infrastructure changes could be added that would positively help your city or region grow to become a better place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 PM

136 posts, read 244,362 times
Well Devan, as a fellow Seattle native, I'm guessing you would agree with me when I say Seattle needs to vastly improve public transportation. Although they are working on it, there is still a long way to go. Also, more downtown condo projects to encourage people to move back to the city core.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,458,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasR30 View Post
Well Devan, as a fellow Seattle native, I'm guessing you would agree with me when I say Seattle needs to vastly improve public transportation. Although they are working on it, there is still a long way to go. Also, more downtown condo projects to encourage people to move back to the city core.
I agree 100% also some gentrafication to sodo to start tranforming the sodo area would be great.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
I agree 100% also some gentrafication to sodo to start tranforming the sodo area would be great.
New resident to Seattle. Gentrification is bound to happen IMO as people such as myself flock to Seattle with intention to stay in the metro region.

Some points of my previous city:

Los Angeles

Public transportation not impeded by traffic lights

While light rail, street cars, or bus rapid transit are advancements in public transit that LA is proposing, these forms of transit are still slowed down by having to make stop after stop for traffic lights. This significantly reduces travel speeds. This is how the concept of freeways were so appealing.

LA should offer rail transit that runs along freeway routes. This will create both comprehensive and fast transit that can move people around without the constant delay of traffic lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.