Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,028,212 times

Advertisements

Probably Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 02:57 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,561,493 times
Atlanta, Houston, Washington, Oakland, and Chicago are noted for a strong Black population.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Probably Atlanta.
Atlanta also has my vote.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:07 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
There is town on Martha's Vineyard in coastal MA that is known for being an enclave of professional African Americans. I forgot the name of the town.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
a little more about Oakland.

Seqouyah Country Club is known for being having a membership that is made up of predominantly wealthy black businessmen, entertainers, pro atheletes and professionals.

http://pix.idxre.com/pix/CAEBRD/main/1/40272589_1.jpg (broken link)
Hillcrest Estates is a neighborhood primarily of Equestrian Estates, its where Jason Kidd grew up and its where many rich blacks fond of horses live today.

Seqouyah Hills, there are a lot of ranch style homes such as this one, that seem modest, but sell for around $1.3 Million-because this is Oakland, and these types of homes are so uncommon because they have bigger yards-the prices tend to be high-many wealthy blacks live in this area.
http://www.debrebhahn.com/listings/35061_IMAGE1.JPG (broken link)

http://pix.idxre.com/pix/CAEBRD/main/0/40297868_0.jpg (broken link)

Maxwell Park is down the hill, directly NW of Mills College, it also has a large upper income black population.

There are other areas, but I guess this is enough to give yall an idea.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:58 PM

288 posts, read 1,329,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
a little more about Oakland.

Seqouyah Country Club is known for being having a membership that is made up of predominantly wealthy black businessmen, entertainers, pro atheletes and professionals.

http://pix.idxre.com/pix/CAEBRD/main/1/40272589_1.jpg (broken link)
Hillcrest Estates is a neighborhood primarily of Equestrian Estates, its where Jason Kidd grew up and its where many rich blacks fond of horses live today.

Seqouyah Hills, there are a lot of ranch style homes such as this one, that seem modest, but sell for around $1.3 Million-because this is Oakland, and these types of homes are so uncommon because they have bigger yards-the prices tend to be high-many wealthy blacks live in this area.
http://www.debrebhahn.com/listings/35061_IMAGE1.JPG (broken link)

http://pix.idxre.com/pix/CAEBRD/main/0/40297868_0.jpg (broken link)

Maxwell Park is down the hill, directly NW of Mills College, it also has a large upper income black population.

There are other areas, but I guess this is enough to give yall an idea.
Yes Oakland also gets my vote.

Those neighborhoods look beautiful. You got to love California.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM

238 posts, read 1,144,332 times
Are the nice parts of these Cities the part where the Blacks live? I do not see many Blacks living in Northwest DC around American University.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
DC or Baltimore. Their is a high-crime rate in both but 95% of it is contained to certain areas. Both areas are integrated and all races can choose any area that they wish to live in.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on D.C... most of it is drug and crime-ridden. I have met blacks from that area who couldn't wait to get out of there.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 PM

288 posts, read 1,329,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Are the nice parts of these Cities the part where the Blacks live? I do not see many Blacks living in Northwest DC around American University.
Ladera Heights, and Baldwin Hills, are two of the nicest areas in Los Angeles, with panoramic views of Los Angeles, Hollywood, and Downtown

The CD (Central District) in Seattle. Is arguably the most sought after location in all of Seattle. It's located right next to Downtown Seattle, near capital hill.

Seward Park, and Madrona, are overlooking lake washington, Bellevue, and Mercer Island

I've heard or seen on TV that Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, and other major cities across the US all have areas with very affluent blacks.

These areas in L.A. I know for a fact are extremely wealthy. filled with Lawyers, Doctors, Athletes, Actors, etc.

So I'm sure Oakland wich is a black city, has a very substantial affluent black community.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:02 AM

238 posts, read 1,144,332 times
I was looking for Middle Class towns dominated by African Americans that were nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.