Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:07 PM

525 posts, read 718,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't know and can't even imagine how you'd begin to figure that out
Darrell K Royal Stadium expansion would help Texas Longhorns recruit - ESPN

I read this article and a few other articles. Some made it sound like official while some are still in planning.

The University of Texas at Austin wants to expand the stadium to 115,000 seating capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:40 PM

167 posts, read 329,959 times
NHL (game viewing experience):

1) Bell Centre (Montreal)
2) United Center (Chicago)
3) Madison Square Garden (New York)
4) TD Garden (Boston)
5) HP Pavillion (San Jose)

That list is based on the crowd atmosphere, because thats the best part of any sport venue!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCupChamps2011 View Post
NHL (game viewing experience):

1) Bell Centre (Montreal)
2) United Center (Chicago)
3) Madison Square Garden (New York)
4) TD Garden (Boston)
5) HP Pavillion (San Jose)

That list is based on the crowd atmosphere, because thats the best part of any sport venue!
Xcel Energy Center?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:10 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Staples Center has had great success in its 14-15 years. It is definitely the premier arena these days with MSG being the premier arena of the past. Staples Center undoubtedly is the indoor sports mecca.
The Lakers will sell even less with KB gone and don't even get me started on the LA Kings foolishness. LOL. The phony atmosphere of the Staples Center can't compare to MSG and the Lakers/Kings winning can't change that.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 05-14-2016 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
I've been to almost half of the MLB stadia and Baltimore's Camden Yards is still my favorite.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
anybody who doesn't have these listed as a top 5 for their respective lists have soiled their entire post with ca-ca and can be ignored completely.

NFL - Lambeau Field
NHL - Xcel Energy Center
MLB - Target Field

also, anyone listing Wrigley Fierld as anything other than an embarassment to hygiene, comfort and ability to see a baseball game can have their entire posts ignored as well...that place isn't fit to host minor league baseball, but at least the neighborhood is fun.
If Wrigley Field is an embarrassment (correct spelling) to hygiene, then Wrigleyville is the same. The fact that you separate the two makes me think you haven't spent much time in either one.

Target Field is phenomenal, though.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:15 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I've never attended a basketball or hockey game live, but I've attended several football and baseball games. I'd say Arrowhead Stadium and PNC Park are the best.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:30 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,154 times
Not saying they are the best, but some of my favorites:

MLB: To me baseball stadiums have by far the most personality and are worth checking out even if I don't like the team. I've been to about a dozen of them (a few of which are no longer being used). My favorites:
-Camden Yards in Baltimore: Great ballpark with a wonderful atmosphere and great location. Very important historically for such a new venue since it kicked off the modern retro design phase.
-AT&T in SF: Nice feel and great views of the water. Good location
-Wrigley: The ballpark could use some updating in some aspects, but it has nice feel and a fun location. It is a fun place to watch a ballpark.

College Football: These huge stadiums also tend to have a lot of personality and often a lot of history b/c they tend to be older. I also like how they are usually on campus and you can get a feel for the University when going to a game.
-The Swamp at U of Florida: Unusual design and loud crowds
-Jordan-Hare at Auburn: A great venue in a classic college town.
-Tiger Stadium at LSU: The crowds here are very loud when they are fired up and there is excellent tailgating before the games with delicious food.
-The Rose Bowl in Pasadena: Stunning natural setting.

NFL:
-Superdome in New Orleans: The stadium itself is only average, but the atmosphere and location make it my favorite place to watch an NFL game (and enjoy the festivities of the French Quarter before and/or after)
-U of Phoenix in Arizona: Kind of the opposite of the Superdome in that I the facility itself is very nice, modern and comfortable with a cool design, but the location is not great out in the middle of a nowhere surrounded by parking lots and a new "entertainment" district.

NBA and NHL: I haven't been to a ton of them, but they usually seem pretty similar. I tend to like the ones that are easy to get to and have fun stuff around them such as Verizon Center in DC which is easy to access via metro and is in a fun neighborhood.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:53 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
College football

Clemson University's Memorial Stadium.

Located right on campus, near a large lake, holds about 82,000, lot of new box seating and additons to the stadium, and it is a nice looking stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.