Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston has afterhours clubs that stay open till 8am & Asian restaurants that stay open till 3-4am. The City is anything but sleepy. Where else can you grab a hot bowl of Pho or Beneigh at Midnight & have to wait in a long line?
A lot of places.

I think youre trying to make late night dining something thats specific to Houston. Thats something that can be found in any major city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 04:19 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
A lot of places.

I think youre trying to make late night dining something thats specific to Houston. Thats something that can be found in any major city.
Houstonian's eat out more than any other city. I'm not making that up its a known fact. With so much variety who wouldn't want to eat out all the time?

Also, Houston has the 3rd largest Vietnamese population in America after Los Angeles & San Jose. There aren't many cities besides Houston & Los Angeles where you can literally find a Pho restaurant at almost every corner. They're as common as McDonald's in Houston.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times
Quote:
The location on Westheimer in Houston opened not long after the Austin location
Yeah, about 20 years after the original in Austin. Another indication that you don't know much about Houston.

Quote:
House of Pies is Houston's version of IHOP & Denny's. You can find people of all walks of life eating there at the wee hours of the morning...couples on a late night date, club goers, hipsters, people who work night shifts, etc. etc.
Why would you say this back to me when I told you I knew it was a coffee shop/diner? It is nothing special. Even Tyler has 24-hour coffee shops/diners with people of all walks of life eating there in the wee hours. You really don't get out much if you think "House of Guys" is something unique.

Perhaps, since you're in the mood to prove your outlandish statements about Houston, you can show that example of a strip club located next to a church that you always talk about...

Old 08-01-2013, 04:34 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Enough about Houston. Please let's get back to the topic of this thread.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM

522 posts, read 694,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Las Vegas - unimpressed with strip but neat to see Fremont Street (before they turned it into a carnival), the desert was beautiful, especially Hoover Dam area (1998)
AGH! I totally agree! The desert was AMAZING. Especially when I got to enjoy the lustrous beauty of it from inside the air-conditioned tour bus! The Dam was just spectacular, however the "water crisis" in the Las Vegas area really worries me. Us tourists are draining Lake Mead, made me feel guilty every time I turned on the water.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:13 PM

14 posts, read 23,605 times
I fell in love with Tucson sunsets. There are ton of pictures you can find on the web.
I think sunset define Tucson as a city - it is a place of scenery, beatiful skies and outdoor enjoyment.

Tucson Skies | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=95c67cdb5f
http://www.globeimages.net/data/medi...cson_night.jpg

Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
LA is gorgeous and much nicer than Chicago outside of downtown. No contest really.

LA-- at least the city itself, is by far the ugliest city in the US sans Detroit and Cleveland (and Detroit and Cleveland have far better skyscraper architecture). I have been to nearly everyone of them and LA is the biggest disappointment of all. The city is just a brown, ugly mess. Just awful.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,884,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
LA-- at least the city itself, is by far the ugliest city in the US sans Detroit and Cleveland (and Detroit and Cleveland have far better skyscraper architecture). I have been to nearly everyone of them and LA is the biggest disappointment of all. The city is just a brown, ugly mess. Just awful.
LA has nice looking houses in the pockets of rich neighborhoods, lots of nice cars, and nice looking mountains and ocean. Beyond that, the architecture leaves something to be desired.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
So my first impression of a city is if Jay-Z reps it, it should be good; maybe he should host his music festival there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ2N-GAHGMw

Lady Gaga repped Lancaster PA (in an interesting similarity I think her boyfriend is from there) - its good by me

Old 08-02-2013, 01:54 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
My first impression of Houston was that it was a hot dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.