Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you like better?
Southern California 88 69.84%
Southern Florida 38 30.16%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Maybe according to Tone Toni Tony, but today its raining and YES we do need it. We almost always need rain it seems. That is one of the things I like about SoFla, the wet tropical climate and all the lush vegetation. Plus the white sand beaches and warm tropical water beat out the colder Pacific Ocean. I actually want to move to SoFla for a change of scenery and to experiance living outside of Ca.
Thats funny because I wanna move out there to SoCal. I don't live in SoFla any more I moved to Texas, and lived there for 8yrs then moved to Charlotte NC. But im down here in SoFla right now on vacation visiting family. Its cool down here. But I really wanna go to SoCal.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
It never rains in southern california. But maybe thats what it needs.
There was 2.2" of rain here on Dec. 15.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,068 times
Quote:
You got me there I lose again. I still love SoFla though no matter what haters tell me. But SoCal is just too big in land area and population for SoFLa to compare to. And way more stuff to do in SoCal. Heck I take SoCal over NYC anyday (no disrespect to NYC.) The only state that can compare to Cali IMHO is Texas. I use to live in TX and that state is the most underrated state in the US. Heres my list CA, TX, FL, NY, IL. Those are the top 5 states in my opinion. SoCal could even make its own state and it would still be in my top 5. Im probably the biggest CA lover outside of CA, and ive never been there.
La is probably the most hated and bashed city on these forums but i don't care what people say. After all its just computer text that people read and it doesn't mean anything to me.I Don't care how many people Bash La, I Love it here,Especially the OC. In a way were alike. People hate La but i love it here so i don't care what they tell me.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
La is probably the most hated and bashed city on these forums but i don't care what people say. After all its just computer text that people read and it doesn't mean anything to me.I Don't care how many people Bash La, I Love it here,Especially the OC. In a way were alike. People hate La but i love it here so i don't care what they tell me.
Yes I agrre, La is always getting bashed, but I dont know why? I looooove LA and SoCal. You should be proud to be from there. If I was from there I would be extremely proud to. Its like New Yorkers and Chicagoans and Bostonianas are the only ones aloud to be proud. But floridians, atlantians, californians and texans always get bashed if they have one ounce of pride on these forums.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
no winter
no gators
no 20 ft snakes

Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,176 times
South Florida!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:12 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no winter
no gators
no 20 ft snakes
No winter
No pollution
No wildfires

Old 01-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
No winter
No pollution
No wildfires
No Hurricanes
No Waves
No Humidity

Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Yes I agrre, La is always getting bashed, but I dont know why? I looooove LA and SoCal. You should be proud to be from there. If I was from there I would be extremely proud to. Its like New Yorkers and Chicagoans and Bostonianas are the only ones aloud to be proud. But floridians, atlantians, californians and texans always get bashed if they have one ounce of pride on these forums.
Yes exactly when New yorkers show their Pride then when angelinos show Pride then nY'ers knock the pride right out of angelinos.Ppl like Futcha love to do that.Nice post agreed all the way and yes im glad i'm in Socal,I Love OC.hope you move here one day if you can afford it.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Yes exactly when New yorkers show their Pride then when angelinos show Pride then nY'ers knock the pride right out of angelinos.Ppl like Futcha love to do that.Nice post agreed all the way and yes im glad i'm in Socal,I Love OC.hope you move here one day if you can afford it.
Hopefully I can. I have one cousin out there. She lives in West LA with her husband. If I dont move there I want to at least visit. I guess I like CALI so much is (please dont get offended lol) I like it because I lived in both TX and FLA and CALI has MAJOR elements of both states. Like for instance inTX you have a high mexican population and influence and the western part of the state is filled with mountains and deserst. And places like SA have a high spanish influence. And FLA reminds me of CALI because of the tourism like DISNEY and UNIVERSAL, and also because of its spanish influence such as spanish style houses and the red-tile roofs and palm trees just like CALI. There are parts of SoFla that resemble South Central LA. But all that is just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.