Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you like better?
Southern California 88 69.84%
Southern Florida 38 30.16%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,433,859 times

Advertisements

Both areas are good, but my vote goes to South Florida. I like all of South Florida but only certain parts of Southern California.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 AM

709 posts, read 1,493,321 times
Florida - better weather and lower taxes. And if you keep going south, you'll find plenty of islands that do even better in both those categories...

Old 01-04-2009, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
I have lived in all 3 and can talk for experience not just rah rah rah my town wins

San Diego ... good surf ... NO JOBS besides coffee shop gigs. nice people .. but no motivation or future plans.

LA ... wait tables and dream of the entertainment business. Dirty, crowded, not impressed... at all.

South Florida .. Green, warm, jobs in finance.. medical .. nursing ... service biz .. no surf (but quick and cheap flights to the islands, Mex, Costa Rica, Nicaragua) Miami has the best nightlife I have ever seen ... and the most beautiful people. However, you better have aspirations to be successful or you will not be taking any of those beauties home to your place (which you can actually afford to buy in Florida vs CA)

Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,598,107 times
I've never been to Southern California, only the North which I did like. I live in South Florida. No way. Get me out of here ASAP.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 PM

13 posts, read 39,358 times
Look, I was born and raised on the East Coast and visited Southern Florida twice a year for the first 15 years of my life. So, I have a tremendous amount of love and admiration for Southern Florida. Having said all of that, I currently live in San Diego and, to me, there is no question that Southern California has Southern Florida beat. I'm shocked the Vote isn't 90-10.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Florida - better weather and lower taxes. And if you keep going south, you'll find plenty of islands that do even better in both those categories...
You either haven't been to Southern California or you are just remarkably imperceptive.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
No Hurricanes
No Waves
No Humidity

hahaha. So true.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,671,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
CA natural disasters have been seriously exaggerated in some of these posts. The news media just hypes them more, simply because it is California.
The damage from fires, mudslides & earthquakes combined probably come nowhere near the damage of the hurricanes & tornadoes in other areas of the US.
tell me about it,Earthquakes,Since when was the big one like a century ago,Wildfires can't argue.But Huricanes,Tornadoes,Flooding,water surge,T-storms everyday,I Can't take it.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM

29 posts, read 174,505 times
South Florida, no question. For me, SoCal is a nice place to visit but I'd never wanna live there.

I've got relatives in San Diego, L.A. and near S.F. I got to visit all of them several times when I was a kid and a teen. One year I spent the winter in San Diego. I liked it, but not as much as South Florida.

South Florida has much warmer winters (southern SoCal is colder than northern Central Florida in winter) and SoFla has much warmer water for year-round swimming. Far better beaches and more of them (two long coasts *plus* the Keys!). MUCH, MUCH less polution. Cleaner big cities (i.e. Miami vs L.A.) somewhat less crowded (though still crowed). Not quite as expensive. No earthquakes (but hurricanes!)

Florida is also home to one of two styles of my favorite music, Latin Freestyle, also known as Latin Hip-Hop, which is basicly 80s/90s club/dance music. There's New York Freestyle (i.e. Shannon, Lisa Lisa, George Lamond, Cover Girls, SaFire, Cynthia, Noel, TKA) and Miami Freestyle (Stevie B, Expose, Company B, Sweet Sensation, Linear). I love both styles of Freestyle and now I live in a state where one side of it was born!

Earlier this year, I had the choice of relocating from the Chicago area and living either in SoCal (L.A. area) or South Florida (West Palm) and I made my choice

I was proud to be a Chicagoan, but now I'm proud to be a South Floridian
If I move anywhere again, it'll be FARTHER SOUTH in SoFla (Miami or the Keys)

Last edited by SuburbanGuy; 05-07-2009 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 PM

163 posts, read 492,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
FL is pretty flat. But about the conferderat flag, they have alot of extreme hate racial groups in Cali. Aryan brotherhood and, huge numbers of skinhead gangs throughout greater los angeles. Highly violent and murderous. You should watch this show on history channel called gangland. You should watch on youtube type in gangland skinheads.
Temecula isnt greater Los Angeles . Skinheads arent in LA like that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.