Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you like better?
Southern California 88 69.84%
Southern Florida 38 30.16%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,688,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
South Florida does not have a true tropical climate. South Texas definitely does not have a tropical climate either. The tropics fall in between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. There is no part of South Florida nor South Texas in that zone. It has snowed in parts of deep South Texas as recently as four years ago. The far western Miami suburbs see temperatures dip underneath 40 at least once every year.
Interesting....but I have heard numerous times that South Florida is a tropical zone which is why so many exotic animals thrive and survive in the Everglades. It may dip below 40 but never below freezing for more then a couple hours at night. I think it qualifies as a tropical climate but I will research it more..

Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,752,396 times
I agree it does qualify as tropical. This thread is probably the most positive feedback ive ever heard of south florida on city-data. Im impressed. Usually you would hear gross negative overexaggerations on how nobody whatsoever speaks a lick of english. Or how there is crime absolutely everywhere. But anywayz I guess I would choose SoCal because I was born and used to live in FL already. And I go back to FL every year for christmas, so I know what its about. Ive always had dreams of going to Cali.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:27 AM

756 posts, read 1,871,763 times
If LA could just go away and be the third world country it is, I would easily pick SoCal. But throwing gangsta fabu LA in the equation and it's South Florida in a landslide.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,662,295 times
south florida sucks. to hot and sticky. the bugs are ridiculously huge and nasty. and everyone is on there deathbed there.

south cali has that dry heat that isnt so unbearable like floridas humid heat, and also the people in southern cali have a wider range of age groups unlike floridas 50-100yrs old

Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 AM

102 posts, read 307,219 times
I like California better. I have lived in Fl and in Ca. Car insurance is cheaper in Ca. No humidity in Ca like Fl. Ca is more productive and progressive. Ca is more diversified; People accept eachother for who they are a lot better there and are not so paranoid as in a lot of FL where I have been. Confederate flags are not tolerated in Ca like in Fl. Minimum wage is almost $8.00 in Ca as it is along the west coast($8.07 Wa and $8.00 Or). Much better production and manufacturing jobs and opportunities in Ca. I love the rolling hills, cliffs, and landscape in California - it is beautiful. Florida is continually flat and somewhat ugly and "swampy" to some of us who live here. The only thing I don't like about Ca is the very expensive homes and expensive rent.

If you are elderly or retired and prudent or scared, you will definately like parts of south west Florida better. A lot of gulf courses, 55 and older communities and clubs, and quiet places to hang out at. Not too many exciting young people too get on your nerves and disturb the peace. A lot of small dead end towns there.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
south florida sucks. to hot and sticky. the bugs are ridiculously huge and nasty. and everyone is on there deathbed there.

south cali has that dry heat that isnt so unbearable like floridas humid heat, and also the people in southern cali have a wider range of age groups unlike floridas 50-100yrs old
Not everyone is on there death bed. And most of those elderly come from up north anyways, places like NJ.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweating in Florida View Post
I like California better. I have lived in Fl and in Ca. Car insurance is cheaper in Ca. No humidity in Ca like Fl. Ca is more productive and progressive. Ca is more diversified; People accept eachother for who they are a lot better there and are not so paranoid as in a lot of FL where I have been. Confederate flags are not tolerated in Ca like in Fl. Minimum wage is almost $8.00 in Ca as it is along the west coast($8.07 Wa and $8.00 Or). Much better production and manufacturing jobs and opportunities in Ca. I love the rolling hills, cliffs, and landscape in California - it is beautiful. Florida is continually flat and somewhat ugly and "swampy" to some of us who live here. The only thing I don't like about Ca is the very expensive homes and expensive rent.

If you are elderly or retired and prudent or scared, you will definately like parts of south west Florida better. A lot of gulf courses, 55 and older communities and clubs, and quiet places to hang out at. Not too many exciting young people too get on your nerves and disturb the peace. A lot of small dead end towns there.
FL is pretty flat. But about the conferderat flag, they have alot of extreme hate racial groups in Cali. Aryan brotherhood and, huge numbers of skinhead gangs throughout greater los angeles. Highly violent and murderous. You should watch this show on history channel called gangland. You should watch on youtube type in gangland skinheads.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:45 PM

There are also huge racial tensions between black and mexicans. There is a mexican gang called the surenos who are connected with mexican mafia. They are killing blacks and blacks are killing them. So its not all racial harmony. But I still choose SoCal becasue I have always dreamed of going out there.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,753,150 times
SoCal hands down because of the weather and natural beauty (Mountains, Ocean). Of course, the cost of living there would preclude me from being able to afford it but cost wasn't part of the question.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,851,795 times
Miami has the zoe pound gang, not that active anymore like they use to be in the 90's but still very dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.