Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 01:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,610 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of areas in Florida for section 8 housing? I am mostly interested in Tallahassee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 02:36 AM

53 posts, read 91,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arosa View Post
Does anyone know of areas in Florida for section 8 housing? I am mostly interested in Tallahassee.
i don't know about tallahassee, but i have heard that florida isn't the best state for section 8.
florida has so many out of staters moving in that property owners don't need section 8 as much as other states.
not to mention that most of the state is conservative, so a good portion of owners will never rent out to section 8.

i believe that the midwest/northeast would be the states for section 8 right now
ohio, penn, new york, etc. have so many people are leaving that there has to be large amount of owners willing to do section 8. think about trying those areas first.

good luck!

Old 03-01-2015, 03:58 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Does anyone know of areas in Florida for section 8 housing? I am mostly interested in Tallahassee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESNOTOUGH View Post
i don't know about tallahassee, but i have heard that florida isn't the best state for section 8.
florida has so many out of staters moving in that property owners don't need section 8 as much as other states.
not to mention that most of the state is conservative, so a good portion of owners will never rent out to section 8.

i believe that the midwest/northeast would be the states for section 8 right now
ohio, penn, new york, etc. have so many people are leaving that there has to be large amount of owners willing to do section 8. think about trying those areas first.

good luck!
Then why in the world did florida support Obama for POTUS??????

Old 03-01-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Does anyone know of areas in Florida for section 8 housing? I am mostly interested in Tallahassee

Then why in the world did florida support Obama for POTUS??????

most of the area/counties are conservative
the population is split evenly tho, which makes the state swing back and forth during presidential elections(swing state)

see this image from 2012

Old 03-01-2015, 04:36 AM

states with the most section 8[2010]

northeast dominates, followed by the west coast

Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESNOTOUGH View Post
most of the area/counties are conservative
the population is split evenly tho, which makes the state swing back and forth during presidential elections(swing state)

see this image from 2012
Yeah but people actually live in the areas shaded blue in florida , not so much in the red areas!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:31 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
It is a tough go for anyone in CA as everything else is taxed to death. Most everything here is car related and the gas tax is the highest in the Nation. If you can get by without a car it would be comparable but the COL is extremely high anywhere near the Coast.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:20 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
I would guess rule of thumb would be to avoid the states that many people are moving to. The competition for section 8 housing would more than likely be highest in those states. Those would probably be states with the weather most people like best or the COL is the lowest. You are going to have to do your homework for yourself because people on the Internet can't know your individual circumstances. What might be best for one person might not work for you. Different states for example have different income criteria but all have three tiers as far as what the criteria is. Only you know what your income is and which if any that criteria may fall into.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Yeah but people actually live in the areas shaded blue in florida , not so much in the red areas!!!!!!!
blue areas are where all the wealthy out of staters are moving to tho
so section 8 wouldn't be guaranteed there.

i think florida was a section 8 paradise in 2007-08, not so much anymore.
even with section 8, florida can be tough, it's one of the hardest places to make it because of the COL.
if nobody believes me, check the florida forum and they'll tell you all about it.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,404 times
I have lived in a lovely apartment in the bay area of California for over 12 years. I have a fenced in back yard and every summer I am able to garden and enjoy ny blooming roses, bouganvillae and even tomatoes.I have a tiny kitchen but A dishwasher makes up for that. It is also a gated community and my cat lives with me. I want to move because of the long mildly cold winters. Cali people are not as friendly and it is too far from Jamaica where I am from. I have been told I would not be able to find any place as nice as this apartment in such a good area. I do not believe that. I know there is a warmer place for me that is pert friendly and where I can garden and feel safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.