Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 07:55 PM

70 posts, read 135,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizen View Post
Nope, never been east of Ohio.

Escanaba, MI
Haven't been to Michigan yet.

Bangor, ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 08:16 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Been to Bangor once. Cute but sleepy little town.

Rangeley, ME

Old 08-17-2014, 09:16 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
Rangeley, ME. Wow, that's sure in an obscure spot! Nope - I've only been to coastal Maine. Rangeley looks beautiful, that would be a fun trip!

HYBT: Williamsburg, VA

Old 08-18-2014, 03:13 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
I vacation in Rangeley, in February haha- was there a couple of years ago during a blizzard and had a great time snowshoeing, snowmobiling and skiing in nearby Saddleback mountain. Very small mountain town on the border of New Hampshire, lakes district- never been during the spring or summer but bet it's beautiful then too. My partner's stepmother happens to live there and takes great care of us when we visit otherwise I'm sure I would never have been.

Williamsburg been there as a kid when I lived in Falls Church VA and the parents took me all over to historic places in the area. I remember being entranced by the colonial architecture even as a third grader and loved the local participants acting the era.

Now I'm gonna stump everyone, this happens to be the smallest town in the U.S. - I believe, population 2 last time NYT reported it, and I think there actually is a sign with it as 1- but my mother happens to have been born there:
Maybe a local Wyoming resident knows of it but seriously doubt anyone else.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/11197
Lost Springs, Wyoming

Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I vacation in Rangeley, in February haha- was there a couple of years ago during a blizzard and had a great time snowshoeing, snowmobiling and skiing in nearby Saddleback mountain. Very small mountain town on the border of New Hampshire, lakes district- never been during the spring or summer but bet it's beautiful then too. My partner's stepmother happens to live there and takes great care of us when we visit otherwise I'm sure I would never have been.

Williamsburg been there as a kid when I lived in Falls Church VA and the parents took me all over to historic places in the area. I remember being entranced by the colonial architecture even as a third grader and loved the local participants acting the era.

Now I'm gonna stump everyone, this happens to be the smallest town in the U.S. - I believe, population 2 last time NYT reported it, and I think there actually is a sign with it as 1- but my mother happens to have been born there:
Maybe a local Wyoming resident knows of it but seriously doubt anyone else.

Lost Springs, WY - City With Population of 1 (now 4)
Lost Springs, Wyoming
Your mom was born there?! If people live there, it stands to reason that someone was born there. I've read about Lost Springs, maybe in the New York Times. I've never been to Wyoming.

Ogden, Utah

Old 08-20-2014, 09:34 AM

70 posts, read 135,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Your mom was born there?! If people live there, it stands to reason that someone was born there. I've read about Lost Springs, maybe in the New York Times. I've never been to Wyoming.

Ogden, Utah
Haven't traveled that far west, but am planning on it very soon.

Myrtle Beach, SC

Old 08-20-2014, 03:03 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BeautifulDisaster- View Post
Haven't traveled that far west, but am planning on it very soon.

Myrtle Beach, SC

Unfortunately no, but i'm working on a southern road trip, since that's the only part of the USA (well, plus North Dakota) I have not seen.

Lahaina, Hawaii

Old 08-20-2014, 06:09 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,971,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Unfortunately no, but i'm working on a southern road trip, since that's the only part of the USA (well, plus North Dakota) I have not seen.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Only recently been to Hawaii and it was not to there.

Augusta, GA

Old 08-20-2014, 08:58 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Lahaina, Hawaii
Yes, on the beautiful island of Maui. I love that island! I went to a luau in Lahaina, the town I mostly remember for lots of bars and t-shirt shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Augusta, GA
I immediately think of golf, but I've only been through there on the interstate on my way from Atlanta to Charleston.

Telluride, Colorado

Old 08-20-2014, 09:01 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Yes, on the beautiful island of Maui. I love that island! I went to a luau in Lahaina, the town I mostly remember for lots of bars and t-shirt shops.

Immediately think of golf, only been through it on the interstate on my way from Atlanta to Charleston.

Telluride, Colorado
Nope

Seymour, CT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.