Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy feet View Post
Denver? It sounds perfect. Honestly, the food scene is the last thing you want to worry about. All cities have their share of weird restaurants.

Don't get too picky now, no place is perfect. I like Phoenix, but I give up good climate for low cost of living, "live and let live" feel, fourwheeling, etc.

Denver is fantastic...and the food scene? It's good and getting better everyday.

I live in Tampa and I think the food is better in Denver-

However, if you are considering moving-you need to see what jobs you can obtain. In this economy I wouldn't advise to just pick up and leave without a plan first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 AM

35 posts, read 54,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
What? What thread did you look at? Drugs? Marijuana is common but hardcore drugs are found in more rural areas of the country. Crime is relatively low compared to most major cities, Yes housin prices are high. Sad? no more then any other city in america (probably less). Poor state government? I'm starting to think you were confusing Washington and Oregon with some other places in america. You definitely didn't find any of the of the Washington forum! One of the most livable places in america!
I read threads throughout the Oregon and Washington forums. I'm not sure how you can say that SAD is not a problem when other states don't have threads dedicated to not seeing the sun and too much rain.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 AM

157 posts, read 228,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_moon View Post
I read threads throughout the Oregon and Washington forums. I'm not sure how you can say that SAD is not a problem when other states don't have threads dedicated to not seeing the sun and too much rain.
SAD is def a problem, as well as seattle freeze, but other things-nah

Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Denver is fantastic...and the food scene? It's good and getting better everyday.

I live in Tampa and I think the food is better in Denver-

However, if you are considering moving-you need to see what jobs you can obtain. In this economy I wouldn't advise to just pick up and leave without a plan first.
well yea, id find a job first

Old 08-13-2013, 03:48 PM

anyone made a move to seattle from the nyc area?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:45 AM

4 posts, read 2,410 times
Sounds like you have already made your mind to move to Seattle. Seattle is very similar to Portland? It can also be very dense like New York with regards to public transportation. Minneapolis is the cheapest from your list. Chicago is also very inexpensive, apartments are even cheaper in the suburbs.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistleblowers View Post
Sounds like you have already made your mind to move to Seattle. Seattle is very similar to Portland? It can also be very dense like New York with regards to public transportation. Minneapolis is the cheapest from your list. Chicago is also very inexpensive, apartments are even cheaper in the suburbs.
comparable apts look more expensive than seattle, esp newer ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.