Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times

Advertisements

So I had this idea for a thread...

I'll do mine (Louisiana):

Mississippi: Your quiet, go along to get along younger brother, who lacks your ambition but is content with a lifestyle that you find mystifying

Texas: Your rich, morbidly obese uncle, who's always lecturing you on what you should be doing with your life

Arkansas: the cousin nobody likes to talk about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,343,499 times
FUN!

NJ is my home...

New York -- my loud and flashy cousin...but you do have a gentle nature side that is rarely talked about. Plus, keeps your pets (residents) in your own yard please.

Pennsylvania -- the brother who thinks he is better then you. But he's not

Delaware -- the quiet gentle sister that doesn't bother anyone...

Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 AM

297 posts, read 472,758 times
Okay so I am from CT

NY - I would agree is the loud and flashy cousin but has a nice and quiet side also
RI - The gentle sister that is just their
Massachusetts - The Rich Snobbish Uncle that thinks he is better then the rest of the family

Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
California.

Oregon: the stoner little brother who is educated and kind, but not very productive.
Nevada: the alcoholic uncle who's been married 5 times and is constantly on the lookout for get-rich-quick schemes.
Arizona: the irascible grandfather who talks like Yosemite Sam and plays golf a lot.
Baja California: the distant cousin who looks wild and crazy from the outside but is actually quite boring.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
In New Mexico

Arizona: She's a good looking sister that has a bit of an ugly side. We think she's bipolar as she's a lot of fun but she snaps out from time to time with a bit of hysterical mania.

Colorado: She's the cool Mom on the block. The boys think she's hot (her mountains are well endowed ). She's very smart but she smokes a lot of weed so she's a bit of a paradox.

Texas: He's the egotisitcal uncle that loves excess and glutony that thinks he's better than everyone and nobody in the family else can really figure out why that is. It's just best to ignore him.

Chihuahua, Mexico: He's the little brother that thinks he's gangsta, and unfortunately he is and it causes problems for the whole family.

(my state is far game too, I know we got issues. Remember all in good fun!)

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 08-08-2013 at 11:29 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 10:48 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
^^^ what about Oklahoma?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:51 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
^^^ what about Oklahoma?
He ran away from home as a teenager and hasn't spoken to us since. Word has it he joined a very strange religious cult.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 08-08-2013 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,343,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
In New Mexico

Arizona: She's a good looking sister that has a bit of an ugly side. We think she's bipolar as she's a lot of fun but she snaps out from time to time with a bit of hysterical mania.

Colorado: She's the cool Mom on the block. The boys think she's hot and she's smart but she smokes a lot of weed so she's a bit of a paradox.

Texas: He's the egotisitcal uncle that loves excess and glutony that thinks he's better than everyone and nobody in the family else can really figure out why that is. It's just best to ignore him.

Chihuahua, Mexico: He's the little brother that thinks he's gangsta, and unfortunately he is and causes problems for the whole family.

(my state is far game too, I know we got issues. Remember all in good fun!)
Ha, I'm from NJ. I've been waiting for one of the neighboring states to pipe up LOL....

Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM

353 posts, read 656,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
California.

Oregon: the stoner little brother who is educated and kind, but not very productive.
Nevada: the alcoholic uncle who's been married 5 times and is constantly on the lookout for get-rich-quick schemes.
Arizona: the irascible grandfather who talks like Yosemite Sam and plays golf a lot.
Baja California: the distant cousin who looks wild and crazy from the outside but is actually quite boring.
Haha. Arizona may be like an irascible grandfather that plays golf but he probably sounds more like Walter Matthau from Grumpy Old Men than Yosemite Sam. Funny stuff though.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
Looks like Caphill and I share an uncle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.