Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM

454 posts, read 793,298 times

Advertisements

i think nice things about each & every state, even ones i've not visited or lived in. if time & money were available to me, would LOVE to visit all the states.... each is unique and has something to offer.

Alabama and the southern states: comes to mind down to earth people, good southern cooking, Talladega Speedway, Mardi Gras in Louisiana, antebellum mansions in Mississippi, swimming in the Gulf. My nephew stopped in Alabama and found the friendliest people there he ever encountered in all 8 states he visited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 PM

372 posts, read 599,215 times
Right Sandy! All states are nice, it just depends on the person. I would love to visit all of the states. I was so close to visiting Alabama last year to see family but it got canceled last minute. I would have loved to go!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times
al dot com posted a photo list of some of the 'ugliest' people in Alabama:

Alabama the ugliest state? 21 Alabamians who prove the people are hotter than the weather (photos) | al.com

The list includes Katherine Webb, Cam Newton, Miss America Heather Whitestone, Miss America Mallory Hagan, Playmate Kimberley Conrad, Emmylou Harris, Lucas Black, Channing Tatum, and Courtney Cox.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM

331 posts, read 511,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
al dot com posted a photo list of some of the 'ugliest' people in Alabama:

Alabama the ugliest state? 21 Alabamians who prove the people are hotter than the weather (photos) | al.com

The list includes Katherine Webb, Cam Newton, Miss America Heather Whitestone, Miss America Mallory Hagan, Playmate Kimberley Conrad, Emmylou Harris, Lucas Black, Channing Tatum, and Courtney Cox.
The author of that piece was pretty ugly too

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times
Midlothian Bull - you're right about Cam Newton's Georgia roots. This illustrates why many don't trust al dot com... Plus you're right that the list should have included the Round Mound Sir Charles...

Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM

331 posts, read 511,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Midlothian Bull - you're right about Cam Newton's Georgia roots. This illustrates why many don't trust al dot com... Plus you're right that the list should have included the Round Mound Sir Charles...
What makes you say that? The article about the two new "celebs" attending Auburn this fall was prime reading material

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,599,528 times
Note that there is an important distinction here: current residents vs origin. I think when rating the residents of a specific place, people are thinking of the current residents, not where they came from. Thus Cam would be counted as Alabamian (since that's his current residence and where you'd find him), but not an actress that lives in LA (since you'd rarely encounter her in Alabama).

Old 02-03-2016, 09:41 AM

28 posts, read 23,492 times
Louisiana is the drunkest state? I can believe this

Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,535,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan225 View Post
Louisiana is the drunkest state? I can believe this
I represent upstate NY and issue a challenge to da bayou state! I do believe we are the drunkest.

I might be drunk right now even!

In as far as rating states by how "pretty" their people are; that's stupid rich-people BS. It's unfounded self serving media tripe!

EDIT: I also want to point out that most of those poll results for NY are based on NYC. As usual. Most arrogant and rudest in particular. I speak for millions of up-staters when I say: I am so utterly sick of NYC. NYC this, NYC that, NYC blah blah blah, float into the ocean and sink already! You're giving the state a bad name!

EDIT: And I am willing to bet the "worst scenery" was based on NYC too. NY state has all kinds of great scenery. Appalchian foothills, right proper mountains, huge lakes, sandy beaches, what are they talking about?

Last edited by CookieSkoon; 02-03-2016 at 09:56 AM..

Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,286 times
States - random lines on a map.

Most people are the same everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
View detailed profiles of: