Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Soul-less Cities???
Dallas 38 31.40%
Orlando 59 48.76%
Atlanta 17 14.05%
Houston 39 32.23%
Denver 19 15.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 AM

79 posts, read 89,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Its been said that "America has only 3 cities; New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans...everywhere else is Cleveland." There are certain cities, like the 3 mentioned, that are known for their personality, charm, flair, and uniqueness. This, to me, equals SOUL.

With that, what cities would you consider to be lacking in this area What cities are completely overrated, style-over-substance, and have no real character to claim as quintessentially their own?

Feel free to mention any cities not included in this poll. Let me know your thoughts. Ciao
This post seems Trololo, but what "substance" does NOLA have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,115,298 times
Based on the evidence presented (neither of us has presented any--this is all personal perception) you are right. You are also wrong.

My perception, as someone less than two years removed from Houston, is that it is much more consumed with an evangelical Christian mindset than other cities I have experienced. Dallas is even more so. Your perception may vary. Whether that reflects on its "soul" positively or negatively is up to individual interpretation as well.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM

79 posts, read 89,609 times
Quote:
One more thing, then I'll be done with this obviously pointless back and forth with you...

Why do I care about your "reputation above" in reference to how annoying you've been in THIS thread?

Did you just tout your standings in an online forum as if that means anything in reality or as if we're supposed to grovel at your asanine assertions?

Why would I be more specific regarding where I used to live in Texas as if i know you or owe you anything? If you don't believe me, fine, be man enough to leave it at that and stop grasping for straws. "oh yea? well prove it"...No Thanks...

How do liberal voters and "white Rastafarians" prove the non-existence of religious fanatics in the same city??? You really got lost with that one...

Just because you're a repetitive nuisance doesn't make you accurate either, just a child...

Oh and about your Katy comment: Nope. Wrong again. It would be my time spent in Houston, The Woodlands, Katy, Conroe, Galveston, and Baytown. Feel better?

DONE WITH THAT, on with the discussion at hand

All of those are SUBURBS!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,068,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
What I know is that most current Houstonians would support what I'm saying.
You don't know that unless you've spoken to "most current Houstonians", which is highly unlikely. This is just what you believe. There is a difference

Last edited by Chilly Gentilly; 09-06-2013 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,100,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overseer View Post
most of the city IS a "suburb".

Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM

75 posts, read 117,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
most of the city IS a "suburb".
Exactly!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,155,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overseer View Post
Galveston, Conroe, and Baytown aren't conventional suburbs.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,943,940 times
I'm shocked that Denver has the least amount of votes. Out of all the things that describe Denver, being a soulful city isn't one of them. I would even take Salt lake City, UT over Denver.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,943,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Galveston, Conroe, and Baytown aren't conventional suburbs.
More like satellite cities.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,277,567 times
Quote:
You don't know that unless you've spoken to "most current Houstonians", which is highly unlikely. This is just what you believe. There is a difference
I'll rephrase: It's extremely likely that most Houstonians would agree with me. Feel free to do conduct a test study in the Houston forum.

Is Greater Houston more Christian than most major American metros? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean it's chock full of evangelicals and intolerant bible thumpers, as some of you seem to be suggesting. These types are highly outnumbered within the loop, and anyone who knows this city realizes that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.