U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should TEXAS become its own nation?
YES 66 52.80%
NO 59 47.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2009, 11:42 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,231,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Sure, if your definition of "American" is that small town Sarah Palin Sh*t.
There's an Onalaska, Texas, but Alaska isn't Texas. Had you actually been an astute observer during this last presidential election, you have known Sarah Palin drew small crowds of ignorant people wherever she went, South, North, West or Midwest. And, you'd also realize that Obama won Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin, none of which are small towns. Does Texas have small towns? Sure, but so does every other state in the union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
As a Brit who lived in Texas, in some ways it is its own country.

I love the way that the people there are so proud of their State.
Shortly before he died, Kurt Vonnegut wrote the only two places in the US that breed people who identify proudly and fiercely with their homes are Texas and NYC (obviously paraphrased). The former is certainly true, which is probably a bit annoying to a few city-daters, but who cares if they weren't fortunate enough to be born here? That's their parents' fault. For proof of the NYC claim, look no further than the old posts of Rachael84 (some of which are incredibly interesting, to say the least):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I think the opposite. They're the most different from the rest of the country out of all the states.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,190 times
All i know is im going to move to Texas if the do become their own nation, just as long as they recognize my 240 card. OBAMA= One Big A$$ Mistake America

Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 AM

2,914 posts, read 3,522,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I don't care one way or the other whether Texas becomes its own nation or not, but I have to ask... how do you figure that??? I can think of quite a few reasons why it would be the other way around!

Isn't that a stereotypical Texas attitude. Texans have an incredibly inflated opinion of their importance.
Just sit back and enjoy being part of the USA.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM

9,188 posts, read 31,356,154 times
Old thread AND it's Texas-specific. Not the place for it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.