U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 9,520,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Here on the East Coast, you have a good and interesting mix of European, African, Central American, and Caribbean influences. At all comes down to what you prefer in the region's predominant foreign cultures

I do wish we had more people of Persian and Japanese ethnicity/descent out here as well as better Mexican food. Ah well, you can't have them all I suppose...It's all good.
Out west we do get quite a bit of Central American influences as well. However, it's true about the Caribbean and African influences, especially in the South or in DC. I wish there was more of that out West, although large cities like San Francisco and LA have some of that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 04:20 PM

10,238 posts, read 21,824,507 times
I wish we had as much paid vacation time as they have.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM

20,153 posts, read 31,207,220 times
no.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:34 PM

20,153 posts, read 31,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
This is sooo true on so many levels. I swear this is what be going on in the minds of some (but not all) African immigrants when they come here. Smh.
Yeah I hate to agree with that as well but it's the truth.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:39 PM

12,340 posts, read 8,232,588 times
no no and no

Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 PM

6,212 posts, read 8,563,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Out west we do get quite a bit of Central American influences as well. However, it's true about the Caribbean and African influences, especially in the South or in DC. I wish there was more of that out West, although large cities like San Francisco and LA have some of that.
True. Even though Mexicans seem to make up the largest chunk of the Hispanic population in LA, they're not necessarily the end-all-be-all. I think LA had more than a decent number of Hondurans, Guatemalans, Panamanians, etc. And yeah, I wish West Coast cities had more African and Caribbean influences too. I remember seeing two or three Jamaicans on Venice Beach when I was in LA though The Jamaican population in LA may be real small but at least they're still present. And how's the Brazilian population in LA too? Had some awesome Brazilian BBQ at the Beverly Grove/Farmer's Market!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I wish we had as much paid vacation time as they have.
YESSSSS!!!! And you wanna know something, how is it that the Japanese have one of the highest quality of life rankings in their country and yet at the same time, are some of the most over-worked people on the planet!?!?! That's what I want to know LOL.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah I hate to agree with that as well but it's the truth.
I know. At least its not all of them though. After all, I'm African American and I was talking to this Nigerian girl (1st Generation, Houston girl) in my Biology class earlier last year at my community college and the feelings were mutual Unfortunately, we never hit it off with each other lol (It's all good, I have a new beautiful ladyfriend now ). And in my neighborhood here in Clinton, a couple of houses across the street from my house is home to an African couple in a neighborhood that's predominately African American with a sprinkle of White Americans.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM

13,710 posts, read 20,153,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposable2 View Post
No, I don't think men should wear purses.
Or bikinis on beaches ...

Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM

13,710 posts, read 20,153,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I wish we had some of their fashion sense and social etiquette. I used to be of those people that was live and let live regarding our issues as a country. I still am but some things need to change. We have a nation of overweight people and slobs and I no longer think this is okay. We need to have some standards because they have gone too far down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is what is wrong with this country. People that don't think anything is wrong with being overweight and being a slob. Look, I'm not trying to interfere with anyone's lifestyle. I just think the new generation needs to set a new high standard in regards to the way they dress, look, and act. Hopefully this will shame alot of the overweight people into losing weight and the slobs to get some class and presentable clothing. Nowhere but here and maybe Australia are these things acceptable in the first world.

Wow. Do you have ANY idea how arrogant and offensive your comments are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.