U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
24,650 posts, read 25,207,395 times
Reputation: 21487

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Frankfurt, London, Paris, Lyon, Marseille and Milan.
Paris is the definition of beauty, cultural richness and elegance. It is the most enviable city in the world when it comes to that.

If you think Paris is ugly, then there is no accounting for taste. lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 20,246,987 times
Reputation: 9242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Paris is the definition of beauty, cultural richness and elegance. It is the most enviable city in the world when it comes to that.

If you think Paris is ugly, then there is no accounting for taste. lol.
There is some nice parts but the ride from the Airport to your Hotel is not really pleasant seeing how most people in the Paris area live... They may love it but that kind of lifestyle sure it sure aint for me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
 
1,334 posts, read 2,461,796 times
Reputation: 1564
This ride shows former industrial parts around highways and train tracks and many of the poorest districts, it is not at all representative of how the majority live.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 20,246,987 times
Reputation: 9242
No you see plenty of residential areas
http://goo.gl/maps/WuhMW

This is more my style
http://goo.gl/maps/fYiJY
Bigger, Greener, No large gates in the front yards
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Western Massachusetts
46,080 posts, read 49,810,556 times
Reputation: 15118
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Uggghhh no thank you....
I can't stand European cities, way too old and very ugly.
What's wrong with old?

A lot of American cities are in a rather sad state, much of the focus has left to the outskirts. The city centers are kinda empty and devoid of people on the street and sometimes a bit pedestrian unfriendly. There's a lot of rather hideous newer development, particularly the generic and bland strip mall style commercial roads.

I like how quiet some European cities can be on small, narrow side streets even in the city center. Downtowns in most American don't really have the same cozy feel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Piedmont, CA
35,715 posts, read 63,088,232 times
Reputation: 19766
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No you see plenty of residential areas
http://goo.gl/maps/WuhMW

This is more my style
http://goo.gl/maps/fYiJY
Bigger, Greener, No large gates in the front yards
Yes that is extremely typical of residential areas in suburban Paris.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 08:05 PM
 
Location: New York
11,340 posts, read 19,313,559 times
Reputation: 6200
Not at all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,390 posts, read 27,150,874 times
Reputation: 5827
OMG... you think Omaha and Florida hotels are prettier than coastal spain, france and italy... that is definitely a first I've ever heard of such. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder...

Also lol at you picking out the Banlieu's of Paris ... definitely have a bone to pick...

Lets reverse that


Beautiful Camden!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=camde...=12,3.7,,0,2.2

The lovely Gary, Indiana!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=gary+...46.16,,0,-3.17

The great auto town of Detroit!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=detro...3,,0,4.05&z=20

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...,,0,-3.07&z=19

The gorgeous Chicago South Side, State Street, that Great Street... I can hear Frank Sinatra now!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6272+...65.34,,0,-3.08

Omaha destroys this in sheer beauty!!! And nothing like class like suburban houston!!!






how dare these countries

they make me want to vomit, give me a big front yard and a pickup truck any day over these Euro monstrosities.

Last edited by grapico; 10-30-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Prince George's County, Maryland
6,212 posts, read 8,580,535 times
Reputation: 2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
OMG... you think Omaha and Florida hotels are prettier than coastal spain, france and italy... that is definitely a first I've ever heard of such. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder...

Also lol at you picking out the Banlieu's of Paris ... definitely have a bone to pick...

Lets reverse that


Beautiful Camden!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=camde...=12,3.7,,0,2.2

The lovely Gary, Indiana!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=gary+...46.16,,0,-3.17

The great auto town of Detroit!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=detro...3,,0,4.05&z=20

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...,,0,-3.07&z=19

The gorgeous Chicago South Side, State Street, that Great Street... I can hear Frank Sinatra now!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6272+...65.34,,0,-3.08

Omaha destroys this in sheer beauty!!! And nothing like class like suburban houston!!!






how dare these countries

they make me want to vomit, give me a big front yard and a pickup truck any day over these Euro monstrosities.
I want to rep this post so freaking badly! Excellent post!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 20,246,987 times
Reputation: 9242
People sure get surprised when they find out not everyone is obsessed with Europe as much as they are...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top