Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:03 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Uggghhh no thank you....
I can't stand European cities, way too old and very ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:14 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No. Our ancestors moved here to get away from all that.
I for one refuse to disgrace my ancestors and worship the hell they left behind.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:50 PM

38 posts, read 194,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ask me if I give a ****.

When asking a question the British would normally follow that with a question mark!

Bless you.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCrystal View Post
When asking a question the British would normally follow that with a question mark!

Bless you.
Except I didn't ask a question, I gave you a suggestion.

I understand, and can be fluent in when I wish to be, Southern.

Bless your heart.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 PM

Just been advised by my very cultured and well traveled American husband that it might be a good idea to just leave this thread alone to the ignorant...lol...I think he may be right.

Let's just hope that those who are rude, obnoxious and who are full of unfounded judgement regarding Europe have travelled at least a few miles outside of their own state, let alone the USA.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Except I didn't ask a question, I gave you a suggestion.

I understand, and can be fluent in when I wish to be, Southern.

Bless your heart.
You try your best, don't you?......

Old 11-27-2013, 06:14 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Let's just hope that those who are rude, obnoxious and who are full of unfounded judgement regarding Europe have travelled at least a few miles outside of their own state, let alone the USA.
I know it must be hard on you people but not everyone has this strange obsession with European culture.

Cultured and well traveled people know that not everyone in the world has the same beliefs.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The concrete, architecture, etc are all part of the artificial world. It's funny to me how some people (not you) go on and on about how the US has ruined the environment, then get all ga-ga over these European cities which are even worse examples with their channelized rivers, concrete riverbanks, concrete, concrete everywhere.
Please show me the amount of concrete that surpasses that of any US city.

I know I'm going to be somewhat bias (I do try not to be) towards Europe, but only because I have travelled quite a bit in Europe and in the USA, so I feel that I am in a position to pass comment.

Couture, dining, architecture is bloody hard to beat in Europe in its style, quality and even class. That does not mean to say that the USA is without any of that. But in its best, America has copied the styles of Europe.

Take a look at housing, the older style here in the USA....most houses being sold in historic districts are full of Victorian or Queen Anne style homes and real estate agents describe homes in any state in this country with words like Greek revival, Spanish, Mediterranean, Roman, Venetian, Victorian, Queen Anne, Edwardian.

Historically America is hugely influenced by Europe and it makes sense that it is, after all America is made up of so very many cultures, most of which are European. My breath is always taken away by the beauty of historical buildings on any side of the Atlantic. Go to the top of the Empire State Building and get a history lesson on architecture....even the Statue of Liberty is French.

I could care less if some people don't care for current or even past European Style but please don't be rude or personal. No need for that. And please get your facts right first.....I do shave my legs and I do bathe at least once per day...Lol.

And if you are about to celebrate thanksgiving....you have Europeans to thank for that...so enjoy that European influence too.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I know it must be hard on you people but not everyone has this strange obsession with European culture.

Cultured and well traveled people know that not everyone in the world has the same beliefs.
You people?... Wow!

Strange obsession? Of course not. But traveling most definitely broadens one's perspective. Sometimes it helps a person to see the good, the bad, and the ugly even in their country of origin.

I do not think that everyone should have the same beliefs as I do, but I do expect people to have an opinion without being rude, which is the reason for my first post within this thread.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
You people?... Wow!

Strange obsession? Of course not. But traveling most definitely broadens one's perspective. Sometimes it helps a person to see the good, the bad, and the ugly even in their country of origin.

I do not think that everyone should have the same beliefs as I do, but I do expect people to have an opinion without being rude, which is the reason for my first post within this thread.
Yes traveling abroad does make me love my country more. and it's not that we're rude, we're just sharing our opinions... people all over the world say horrible things about America, i don't see why we're the bad guys just for liking our culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.