Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Roughest City? (READ 1ST POST FIRST!)
New York City 26 20.80%
Chicago 14 11.20%
Philadelphia 77 61.60%
Boston 8 6.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:48 PM

214 posts, read 871,706 times

Advertisements

my vote goes to philly but if anyone ever been to a dodgers and giants baseball game in san francisco they get kinda of ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebreezy View Post
my vote goes to philly but if anyone ever been to a dodgers and giants baseball game in san francisco they get kinda of ugly.
I imagine but I doubt it's anything like a Mets/Phillies or Yankees/Red Sox game. It's fun but wearing an opposing jersey in the stadium is just asking to get jumped or have just a few dozen beer bottles hit your head. It gets BAAAD, I've experienced all of them... They're insane.

I looked up most intimidating hockey fans and Philly was number one. They even booed Santa Claus! lmao

Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,444 times
^^Wasn't that in the infamous Eagles game (booing Santa Claus)?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
They said it was a hockey game... But knowing Philly fans, it probably happened twice.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Yep...and pelting him with snowballs like the sh*t slinging monkeys that they are. Only in phily;

Old 01-22-2008, 11:54 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
a friend of mine ,who attended the mets/phillies game at citizens bank park this past summer, told me that she feared for her life. she wasn't kidding. i think she was severely truamatized lol!!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
a friend of mine ,who attended the mets/phillies game at citizens bank park this past summer, told me that she feared for her life. she wasn't kidding. i think she was severely truamatized lol!!
Yea,so imagine not only visiting but having to Live (t)here! Another point made.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yep...and pelting him with snowballs like the sh*t slinging monkeys that they are. Only in phily;
lol I love Philly fans.

NY fans get bad too. I believe it was a few years ago at Yankee Stadium, we were at a Yanks/Red Sox game. After the game we went out to the car and I heard from people on the street that a guy with Red Sox stickers all over his car got his car flipped on its side.

Another one was a Jets game. We weren't at the game but Jets fans pelted the Miami Dolphins bus with snowballs. Even when they were getting off the bus people were throwing snowballs at the players. I can deal with throwing snowballs though, as long as their not ice balls. Same thing happened to Miami when they went to Buffalo to play the Bills. lol

A guy on another site went to a Jets game and got his car flipped by Jets fans... Best part is, HE IS A JETS FAN.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yea,so imagine not only visiting but having to Live (t)here! Another point made.

she's actaully from philly well south jersey now. i believe it was a combination of both sets of fans getting into a scuffle in the stands. she was an innocent bystander stuck in the middle of it. she was trying to enjoy a nice weekday game. i blame both parties. buncha savages.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
NY fans get bad too. I believe it was a few years ago at Yankee Stadium, we were at a Yanks/Red Sox game. After the game we went out to the car and I heard from people on the street that a guy with Red Sox stickers all over his car got his car flipped on its side.

Another one was a Jets game. We weren't at the game but Jets fans pelted the Miami Dolphins bus with snowballs. Even when they were getting off the bus people were throwing snowballs at the players. I can deal with throwing snowballs though, as long as their not ice balls. Same thing happened to Miami when they went to Buffalo to play the Bills. lol

A guy on another site went to a Jets game and got his car flipped by Jets fans... Best part is, HE IS A JETS FAN.
I of course happened to be in NY,Staten Island actually when I think the playoffs for the world series or something was going on and I don't know whether it had to do with the game or the people there are just nasty also,but I was standing in the parking lot of the Applebees and some punks were driving by and slung something at me for the helluvit. I basically just flipped them off but jeez!
Michigan was one of the first places I was in disbelief over,that they would actually riot over games!
This may be for another thread but I wonder if the nastiness of the fans has something to do with the reputations of the regions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.