Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 AM

1,097 posts, read 1,588,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Beverly Hills is a beautiful, Mediterranean-style oasis. Much more beautiful than anything Houston or NYC has to offer.
Please, Beverly Hills is nice, but it looks like Disneyland.

There are several better neighbourhoods both in NYC (such as the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side) and in Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 05:44 AM

2,441 posts, read 3,416,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroherosp1979 View Post
might be the most ignorant post i have ever seen
Yeah, the supply of envious ignorant people on here seeking to boost their self-esteem onto the backs of prosperous areas seems to be insatiable.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,153,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Please, Beverly Hills is nice, but it looks like Disneyland.

There are several better neighbourhoods both in NYC (such as the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side) and in Los Angeles.
Oh, I didn't know there were rollercoasters and foodstands all over the neighborhood

Please. Manhattan is more like Disneyland than the real park itself. Too touristy.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,890,781 times
Quote:
Oh, I didn't know there were rollercoasters and foodstands all over the neighborhood

Please. Manhattan is more like Disneyland than the real park itself. Too touristy.
Not all of Manhattan is touristy. Tourists don't know what's good, anywhere, so they stick to the few well known spots like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Wall Street, South Street Seaport, Battery Park, Central Park. There are tons of neighborhoods most tourists have never even heard of.

Don't even compare Manhattan to Disneyland. They're not even close to being similar.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 12-24-2013 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-24-2013, 03:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,183,205 times
Quote:
How is most of Manhattan too touristy?

Old 12-24-2013, 05:51 PM

2,631 posts, read 6,989,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
I agree that Houston isn't ugly.

It's just devoid of any kind of character, personality or uniqueness. Those pics are very beautiful but in all honesty, they could easily be in just about anywhere else in the USA.

I do admire the fact that Houston retains a great cost of living at the same time as having a good economy (relative to the rest of the country).

I don't understand how Houston doesn't have uniqueness or personality.

It's one of the most diverse/and racially mixed integrated cities in the nation.

We have 100s upon 100s of unique resturaunts and stores.

Houston has a strong car culture.

It has its own identity by just those things alone. I know I'm in Houston when me and my friends go out and we are one big melting pot of races.

The city isn't perfect though it could use some more nightlife and better clubs.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Not all of Manhattan is touristy. Tourists don't know what's good, anywhere, so they stick to the few well known spots like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Wall Street, South Street Seaport, Battery Park, Central Park. There are tons of neighborhoods most tourists have never even heard of.

Don't even compare Manhattan to Disneyland. They're not even close to being similar.
The only similar thing between Disneyland and Beverly Hills is that they're both in SoCal.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:55 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
The only similar thing between Disneyland and Beverly Hills is that they're both in SoCal.
But somehow Manhattan is more similar to Disneyland?

Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 PM

When people use 'Disneyland' in that sense, it refers to commercialization and amount of tourists. At least, in my experience.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:08 PM

Not really familiar with Beverly Hills much, but Beverly Hills (gawk to see celebrity homes, shop on Rodeo Dr) seem more touristy than Manhattan, which has over a million residents, millions more people working in it as well as being a huge regional shopping / entertainment draw. Sure Manhattan is commercialized, but being the commercial center of the NYC metro, what else could it be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.