Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:03 AM

103 posts, read 128,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxinRearvyew View Post
To OP:

I'm all for your post. Sadly, if I asked about a similar thing...as I did recently...I'd be censored.

See...I'm white.

To 'answer' though: any wealthy suburb of a large, 'diverse' cessp* opps, excuse me, city. ( I.E. Atlanta, Baltimore, Birmingham, etc? Don't really know, wouldn't be caught dead within a hundred miles of those places. ) will have wealthy black suburban areas (I.E. 'cities' in some cases)

Basically, a rich suburb of a large 'black' city. Good luck! And, for what it's worth, I totally 100% approve of your right to self segregate.

God bless you.
And again, sincerely, good luck!
I hate no one!
Let me be honest with you dude. Nobody is willing to say this, so you will hear the truth for the very first time. Are there black people that self segregate ? Sure but its a very small number of people that "REALLY" wants that. Maybe 3% of the populations wants that while majority of black people self segregate of fear of racism. We live in America you know and America is tough on terrorism but soft on racial terrorism. When 97% of every black American ask you "is there any successful black people in your living in your city in a NICE area other then the Ghetto. 97% of the time they are asking you " Can they be black,successful and live anywhere they would like in your city or community and not have a bunch of racist idiots yelling the N word or chasing them down the street or racially profiling them ... That is what 97% of most Black people really mean when they ask these questions. Which is pathetic for a Country that calls itself the greatest country on Earth. . So when you see these questions just know 97% of them are asking "Can they be treated like HUMAN beings in your city or your community?" The reason why that question comes up so much is because of how America has allowed racists idiots to function in our society for years and we have done nothing about them under the guidelines of "FREESPEECH". lol Which does more damage to a free society then anything else. No human being in America should feel the need to ask that question in a country that claims to be the moral leader of the world. Some will deny this but I have plenty of stories to back it up. So when you or others like you wonder why this question comes up. Just know most of the time it's not self segregation for comfort, its self segregation for safety purposes. In this so called free country .lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 AM

5,861 posts, read 15,183,382 times
I hate to say this but the Prince Georges County neighborhoods are just mainly housing developments in far out outer beltway areas with not much happening as far as being near major shopping, restaurants, cultural amenities, nightlife etc.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 AM

92,087 posts, read 122,294,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I hate to say this but the Prince Georges County neighborhoods are just mainly housing developments in far out outer beltway areas with not much happening as far as being near major shopping, restaurants, cultural amenities, nightlife etc.
I guess neighborhoods near the Bowie Town Center may be the exception, but I'm not sure if that would fit as an exception.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 AM

23,322 posts, read 43,787,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
If it werent for cost of living ATL would be on here but otherwise pretty much
Atlanta is not on there likely due to the fact that the most affluent majority AA neighborhoods are either inside the city limits ( Cascade, Collier Heights) or are located in unincorporated parts of a county(Lithonia, Arabia Mountain).

Old 08-10-2014, 11:09 AM

17,876 posts, read 15,746,494 times
The communities in MD, are the black denizens there largely employed by gubment and federal gubment? Or is that one of the largest sectors

I am just curious. The communities in CA, what are the economic drivers there. If these communities are "black", I am assuming there is not much diversity. If so, there must be some particular occupation or category of occupation that is forcing these people all together.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
The communities in MD, are the black denizens there largely employed by gubment and federal gubment? Or is that one of the largest sectors

I am just curious. The communities in CA, what are the economic drivers there. If these communities are "black", I am assuming there is not much diversity. If so, there must be some particular occupation or category of occupation that is forcing these people all together.
I think it a mix of professional occupations in both areas and you can still have a mostly/predominately Black community and have cultural diversity. So, the percentage of Black residents can/will vary too.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:20 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,746,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think it a mix of professional occupations in both areas and you can still have a mostly/predominately Black community and have cultural diversity. So, the percentage of Black residents can/will vary too.
I am particulary interested in which industries, if there is a specific industry or two. What is it that would attract these people to a particular area?

Old 08-10-2014, 02:30 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,721,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
National Harbor???? Experience DC Waterfront at National Harbor | National Harbor

Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I am particulary interested in which industries, if there is a specific industry or two. What is it that would attract these people to a particular area?
This may help in terms of industries: Ladera Heights, CA Income and Careers

View Park-Windsor Hills, CA Income and Careers

Mitchellville, MD Income and Careers

Woodmore, MD Income and Careers

For others, you can view the maps for these communities and break the information down by census tract and census block group. You can do this for neighborhoods within a city as well on that website.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 PM

37,796 posts, read 41,526,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
This is part of a relatively new trend, which is good. Otherwise, it's been well documented that the wealthier, outer-beltway Prince Georges neighborhoods in particular have historically been underserved in terms of amenities like restaurants and retail.

Familiar refrain: Developers seek quality retailers in Prince George’s County -- Gazette.Net
Prince George's Makes Sales Pitch For High-End Retail
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...190r/?page=all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.