Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:49 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times

Advertisements

Chicago residents just get the collateral fallout from meth abuse: state law limits the amount of ephedrine you can buy at the drug store. Hunters are advised to be very careful about approaching cookeries by accident out in rural areas. Plus, I saw a man on 23rd street selling boxes of cold relief medicine in a store parking lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
No, just meth production/distribution.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:50 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,393,679 times
I grew up in the DC area (northern Virginia) and am currently in NYC and I have to say that meth has not really taken hold as much in this part of the country as it has out West. Apparently, it is catching on within the gay community, but thus far, it barely registers in these parts, compared with what I've seen elsewhere in the country.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:53 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,388,720 times
I live part time in the Las Vegas area, and it has the claim of being #1 in meth use.
Meth is all around and increasing crime goes with it.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:03 AM

492 posts, read 2,371,951 times
I haven't heard anything about meth in NE Ohio. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it doesn't seem to be a big issue. As someone pointed out before, Ohio cities still have problems with other drugs. I know my cousins do meth, but they live in North Carolina and Tennesse now...

Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,205 times
Lightbulb Blakefest 2008-metal Against Meth

Idaho moved to 5th in the nation-The Idaho Meth Project is working to change that! My husband, a few friends and myself are hosting and event in Idaho Falls Idaho to raise money and send it to the Idaho Meth Project. It's called BLAKEFEST 2008-METAL AGAINST METH.

This event is an all day, all ages concert event featuring local bands that have donated their time and talent to perform in our community, in order to raise awareness of issues impacting our youth and our community. Tickets are available at CD World in Idaho Falls and Budget Tapes and Records in Pocatello. The tickets sales will be donated to the Idaho Meth Project

The BLAKEFEST team and the following bands: HATE LOCKER, IXXION, NECKBRACE, TERRORIST, SONIC DEVASTATION, DIMMENCHA, POOLSIDE AT THE FLAMINGO, THE REPTILIANS, DENOTS AND DISSOLVED IN BLOOD have volunteered to present BLAKEFEST 2008 & BEYOND!

Meth use is having a devastating impact on our community. We are trying to reach people that have been affected by Meth whether it be personally, or through family and friends. We are a diverse group of individuals sponsoring an event to raise the financial support the Idaho Meth Project relies on to achieve their objective of "Not Even Once". We are recruiting as many people as possible to stand together and take on the fight against Meth.

We have started a myspace page as well. [url=http://www.myspace.com/blakefest2008andbeyond

Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
We have had a pretty big problem with meth in MN. It is starting to get a little better now that they made a law that you can't by cold medicine without an I.D. and you can only buy 1 box at a time. Its no longer sold OTC.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:54 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,458,904 times
Meth is a HUGE problem here in Hawaii- on the 4 main islands at least. A few months back there was a really tragic story in the news. A young guy in his 20s, who admitted to being a meth user (among other things) snatched up the little 2/3 yr old toddler who lived in the apt below him, and then threw him from the top of an overpass, to the traffic below. Obviously the young boy died and now this guy is facing trial. What is even worse, the mother was a meth head, however I believe she was recovering....I find that meth is most popular in smaller communities with not as much to do. For example, my boyfriend is from central PA and he says that meth was a huge problem there, whereas it isn't as out of control in the larger Pitts/Philly/NYC.

The islands' police departments are all trying to find a solution to control the problem but so far they have yet to be successful. People here in Kauai have bumper stickers that says "end the ice" or something like that...

Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
I've seen episodes of (Dog the Bounty Hunter) where they show the problem with (ice) on the islands. It looks like its a huge problem there.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:20 AM

769 posts, read 2,232,519 times
The problem with Meth abuse is that a lot of it is happening in small towns, particularly rundown towns. They are going overlooked by the media because the media generally focuses on the big city and international. I always find it discouraging how the media will overlook the problems some American small towns as far as drug abuse, violence, economic hardship, etc. and instead tell me about Ashlee Simpsons wedding with some little known rock star. Sometimes I wonder if we have the worst media in the free world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.