Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seweryn Szeliga View Post
From what I have heard about these 2 states (not much, not American)
One ( New Jersey )
Is a terrible large giant city which is polluted and extremely overpopulated and is also very poor

Two ( Delaware )
Is a terrible large field of cattle which is extremely underpopulated and unpolluted but also very poor

I would probably choose Delaware, I would rather live in the middle of a farm than in a polluted compact city
… Wow, just came across this winner. I hate double posting but… WOW.

Please, if you know this little about something like this (and by this little I mean absolutely nothing) please don't even bother to post. I'd rather you ask about New Jersey and Delaware than say the completely false, borderline stereotypical (because no stereotypes I've heard of either are quite that bad) stuff you just said.

This is what people in Poland think of NJ and Delaware? Sad. I wish I could bring you all here and show you just how wrong you are!

Also, New Jersey is not a big city. It's a state with its own cities, towns, and rural areas, its own mountains, beaches, forests, woodlands, swamps, rivers, lakes, farms, etc. It has very dense and populated areas and also areas where there are next to no people, or maybe even no people (most of the Pine Barrens). There are beautiful little beach towns and busier small cities like Hoboken. Please…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 AM

169 posts, read 294,024 times
Quote:
One ( New Jersey )
Is a terrible large giant city which is polluted and extremely overpopulated and is also very poor

Two ( Delaware )
Is a terrible large field of cattle which is extremely underpopulated and unpolluted but also very poor

I would probably choose Delaware, I would rather live in the middle of a farm than in a polluted compact city

NJ is a large giant city? Sir I am embarrassed for you! NJ's largest city has less than 300,000 thousand people and has plenty of farm land. I repeat Somerset, Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon counties you will find plenty of farmland there.

Do you think it wise to come on here with your ignorant "from what I hear?"

Before coming forward with your baseless and unfounded opinion why don't you do some research or just a quick google search. NJ is home to the highest per capita percentage of millionaires in the entire United States, that is right, little NJ is home to more actual dollar millionaires than many and much larger European countries such as Italy and Spain having a fraction of their overall population. Therefore you are literally 8 to 12 times more likely to bump into a millionaire in NJ than you will in Italy, Spain, heck even France. As far as Poland goes I'm "guessing" that number is at least 200 times more likely.

Alpine, Saddle River, Franklin Lakes, Kinnelon, Short Hills, Harding Township, Mendham, Bernardsville, Far Hills, Bed Minster, Holmdel, Colts Neck, Rumson, Deal (Im probably missing at least 10 more)

Do an image search of any of these towns and you will see something that doesn't exist in all of continental Europe as there aren't enough rich people living in one area to produce a town of millionaire's and billionaires yet NJ is chock full of them not to mention scores of other towns where the median home price is still in excess of $800,000! I can't list at least 50.

Let me tell you all after traveling throughout the USA and living in Europe (Germany and Italy) you will not find a higher concentration of wealth on planet earth than you will in NJ. (Maybe Dubai but I've never been there so cannot comment)

PS. NJ's GDP is a farce as there are scores of NJ residents who earn 7 figure plus incomes/salaries in NYC or Philadelphia and bring that wealth back to NJ which is not counted as state GDP.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,740 times

Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Quote:
One ( New Jersey )

Two ( Delaware )

A few corrections:

New Jersey is one of the wealthiest states in the U.S. Delaware is in the top 10.

New Jersey isn't one big city. It has 566 different cities, towns, boroughs, villages, and townships. Most of them are suburban or rural in character. http://www.prwatch.org/files/images/...y_land_use.jpg

Delaware indeed has more farmland as a percentage of all land used than New Jersey, but they use it to grow corn and soybeans or to raise chickens. Cattle are not very common in Delaware. Even in its rural areas, however, Delaware is more densely populated than many other states: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lation_map.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.