Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times

Advertisements

Maby check out the San Antonio area

San Antonio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Antonio Chamber of Commerce | San Antonio, Texas

Visit San Antonio, Texas | Explore San Antonio things to Do, Attractions, Events, River Walk & More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 12:44 PM

57 posts, read 68,402 times
Ah... very interesting. Temperature ranges seems to match Buenos Aires and there is a significant hispanic population. Added to the list of places to check out.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 PM

6 posts, read 13,160 times
If you are looking at Texas, I would suggest a look at Houston. We are quite a muti-national city due to the Oil and Gas Industry being centered here. Just Google Houston, you should find alot to look at.

Of course I am biased, I have lived here for 35 years, and would not consider any place else to live.

Hope this helps - good luck wherever you decide to go!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:30 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Cities in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or even Southern California would give you a significant Hispanic population, and warm weather.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 AM

OK, I will definitely take a look at Houston then.
You could be biased, but that you would not consider any other place to live after 35 years is significant. Most people don't feel that way about any place
Thank you

Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 PM

25 posts, read 45,583 times
It is pretty cheap here in the Cape Coral area and has a good amount of things to do. Schools (almost all) have A ratings with ESOL system to help with children who need help with English, and other awesome programs. There is many awesome beaches and malls etc to visit in sister cites; there is a pretty low crime rate; and also has the most canals in the world!
It has about 170,000 people in the summer and almost 200,000 in the winter. I appreciate this city a lot the 10 years I've lived here.

Hope this helps 😄

Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopla98 View Post
It is pretty cheap here in the Cape Coral area and has a good amount of things to do. Schools (almost all) have A ratings with ESOL system to help with children who need help with English, and other awesome programs. There is many awesome beaches and malls etc to visit in sister cites; there is a pretty low crime rate; and also has the most canals in the world!
It has about 170,000 people in the summer and almost 200,000 in the winter. I appreciate this city a lot the 10 years I've lived here.

Hope this helps 😄
Oh... interestingly, Cape Coral is my number one choice at the moment But I didn't know about the school ratings and the ESOL system, so that makes it even better.

Txs

Old 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM

111 posts, read 167,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcacciola View Post
Ah... very interesting. Temperature ranges seems to match Buenos Aires and there is a significant hispanic population. Added to the list of places to check out.
San Antonio is very nice, but be aware that the "significant hispanic population" is mostly of Mexican descent. Being from Argentina, you might be more comfortable with a little more diversity among the immigrant population.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM

111 posts, read 167,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcacciola View Post
Oh... interestingly, Cape Coral is my number one choice at the moment But I didn't know about the school ratings and the ESOL system, so that makes it even better.

Txs
Cape Coral is a nice choice. It has a sizable latino population, beaches, and warm sunny weather year round. The only downfall is that it might be a bit boring for someone from a big city like Buenos Aires. However, it is only a 2-3 hour drive from Miami, Orlando and Tampa.

Hurricanes are a major concern if this matters to you.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebleu View Post
San Antonio is very nice, but be aware that the "significant hispanic population" is mostly of Mexican descent. Being from Argentina, you might be more comfortable with a little more diversity among the immigrant population.
Ah, OK, very good point. Indeed I don't imagine being comfortable with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.