Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 04:57 PM

351 posts, read 499,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
(The new motto for males in Europe, "I AM A WOMAN!!!!!!!! 'ROPE!!!!!!! HECK YA!!!")

Glad you're showing your ignorance
Europe remains classy
Europe remains un-hated by the world
Europe remains educated
Europe remains rich
Europe remains un-ignorant
Europe remains the standard for high quality living
Europe remains innovative
Europe remains skinny
Europe remains fit
Europe remains un-nosy
Europe remains un-arrogant
Europe remains multilingual
Europe remains un-racist
Europe remains progressive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 05:22 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
I guess some people need more reading comprehension lessons.
Pot, kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post
pre madonnas

The jokes just write themselves here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Why is this still going?

Seriously...?
I'm just waiting for the hockey game to start. This 'murican is a-hankerin' to see the Bruins put the hurt on the Canadiens tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Your ignorance of America is showing....
Among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You are not classy because you play tennis.
Just ask Jimmy Connors!

Old 05-08-2014, 05:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:

Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
Europe remains classy
Europe remains educated
Europe remains rich
Europe remains skinny
Europe remains fit
Europe remains un-nosy
Europe remains un-racist
U.S. Tops Other Global Leaders in Approval
actually, America is more popular world wide than Europe

Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Europe remains un-nosy
yes very un-nosy.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:18 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,268 times
Quote:
Europe remains classy
Europe remains educated
Europe remains rich
Europe remains skinny
Europe remains fit
Europe remains un-nosy
Europe remains un-racist
Absolutely none of those things are true. You are lying to the good people in this thread, shame on you. You are a has been, second rate continent. South America beats Europe in my book, so does Australia, a long with, obviously, North America.

At least your true colors are showing proving my claim that you don't care about tennis, nobody does, what you really wanted was a Europe vs. U.S.A. thread, and now you have it... you could have just been honest from the start though. (Your user name is fooling anyone, you despise watching the boring game just as much as anyone.)

How sad is it that you have to pit a whole continent vs just the U.S.? Shouldn't it be Europe vs North America? Unless you want to make it YOUR COUNTRY vs. the U.S. then we get to include Canada and Mexico, and you have to drop the whole "Murica" thing.

(Yeah, you are so educated that you used "un-ignorant" despite the incredible inherent irony.)

Yeah you are "un-arrogant" (You would know that sounds stupid if you were well educated.), yet you started a thread to bash America and say that Europe is the best place on Earth... how humble.

I should start a web show called "Troll Trollin' ".

Old 05-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The jokes just write themselves here.
What is a "Pre-Maddona" anyway? Like a teenage Brittney Spears?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 PM

If this guy was really "un-ignorant", he would know that it isn't "Murica!"... it is "Rock, flag, and Eagle!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmhHlPPQJ8

Old 05-09-2014, 12:01 AM

16 posts, read 17,808 times
I LOVE tennis and know lots of others that do as well, but I wouldn't place it above other sports just because of the things you mention. Each sport has it's advantages and disadvantages...and there are many popular sports american no interesting tennis because this is the short time game and not play the more players....

Old 05-09-2014, 12:14 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
I think there was a time when it was really popular when Bjorn Borg, Arthur Ashe, Jimmy Connors and Ilie Nastase were playing. These were different personalities. Borg and Ashe had the calm, reserved demeanors, Connors intense and passionate, and Nastase basically the out of control "bad boy" of tennis. This contrast made for great tennis theater if you will! I followed it back in that era and partly because I played more back then, but not so much now. Then John McEnroe and Andre Agassi started their careers around the time those four were ending theirs keeping interest alive. McEnroe was similar to Connors, but certainly had his "Nastase" moments and was assertive challenging the referees about their decisions (usually about balls near the line). They have all been retired for a long time now.

In the women's game there were Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, and Evonne Goolagong. Navratilova's dominance of the women's game for such a long time drew interest from many fans. During her best years, women's tennis was easily as popular as the men's game. For whatever reason, golf is more of a passion among fans these days than tennis. Back in the 70's and 80's they seemed to be about equal in interest if not a slight edge to tennis.

The tennis personalities seem to have become more "vanilla" since then. I also think other sports like pro golf, NHL hockey, soccer and even PBA bowling have been able to raise their profile meaning there is just more for tennis to compete with these days. Pro baseball, football, and basketball have been popular almost forever, so tennis would never dominate those sports.

Last edited by chessgeek; 05-09-2014 at 12:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.