Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times

Advertisements

As a bordering state of Colorado, New Mexico state police and local police units in the northern part of the state have had to step up their presence along the state line to catch transporters and stoned drivers.

Rocky mountain high illegal in NM | Albuquerque News & Weather | Abq, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, NM | krqe.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
Still, can't you enjoy life without inhaling or drinking anything regularly? Is it so hard to go through life sober and clear-minded? I know addicts can not help it.
I can, and do. Can you go through life withut acting like a nanny and scolding/supporting imprisoning or otherwise punishing people who prefer a different sort of recreation than you do?

Old 05-16-2014, 09:55 AM

596 posts, read 820,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I can, and do. Can you go through life withut acting like a nanny and scolding/supporting imprisoning or otherwise punishing people who prefer a different sort of recreation than you do?
I said in one of my posts that I was for the legalization of pot and for the freedom of people to smoke it. I'm guessing you didn't read that post. All I'm trying to say is "grow up" a little. You don't have to take that advice.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:13 PM

451 posts, read 562,307 times
Quote:
To do any kind of recreational drug on a regular basis, unless it's for medicinal purposes, is just juvenile. Can you enjoy life without getting high or drunk? I'm still for the freedom of people to do it and for the legalization of it.
Can we have a discussion about topics like marijuana without having a couple of idiots judging what others do instead of contributing or answering the call of the question? What is it any of your business how people chose to enjoy themselves? Worry about yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I agree. Anyone who resorts to using these drugs means there is something wrong about their life that led them to even consider doing them in the first place. Granted, they may or may not help it. In general, a well educated person who was raised right and was not influenced by anyone else would NOT be smoking weed. It's just not necessary.
Wonder what you mean by "these drugs." Wonder if you would include alcohol in there. Lets not even get into that argument as it's been long winded already.
But I, myself, am a pretty open user of marijuana. As my nickname denotes, I am a lawyer. I know many people in professional backgrounds that also use marijuana. And frankly, I put your generalization of professionals using marijuana into serious question. The issue of marijuana use is probably more of a question of age than anything else but personally, I am a well educated person, grew up in a well structured family, never been abused, bullied, etc., and am happy overall. Smoking weed is not necessary, but I like to do it on weekends, though not every weekend, because I can handle it responsibly and personally prefer it over drinking alcohol.

As for Metro Matt, I really don’t know what he is talking about, I’m sure he doesn’t either, as to how/why the “hard core drug scene” has any relevance to the topic at hand. Even Austin, known as the more liberal and tolerable of all other Texas cities mostly due to the University of Texas, doesn’t exactly stand out as a stoner city amongst any other city in the US. I’m sure many people can point out their local college towns but you can generally point out any college town and say that it has many people who smoke pot. But when we speak of marijuana in terms of culture, you have to start out with Humboldt County, Mendocino County and Trinity County (Emerald Triangle), and then San Francisco, Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles.

Last edited by latino_esq; 05-16-2014 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: Editing

Old 05-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
Can we have a discussion about topics like marijuana without having a couple of idiots judging what others do instead of contributing or answering the call of the question? What is it any of your business how people chose to enjoy themselves? Worry about yourself.

Wonder what you mean by "these drugs." Wonder if you would include alcohol in there. Lets not even get into that argument as it's been long winded already.
But I, myself, am a pretty open user of marijuana. As my nickname denotes, I am a lawyer. I know many people in professional backgrounds that also use marijuana. And frankly, I put your generalization of professionals using marijuana into serious question. The issue of marijuana use is probably more of a question of age than anything else but personally, I am a well educated person, grew up in a well structured family, never been abused, bullied, etc., and am happy overall. Smoking weed is not necessary, but I like to do it on weekends, though not every weekend, because I can handle it responsibly and personally prefer it over drinking alcohol.

As for Metro Matt, I really don’t know what he is talking about, I’m sure he doesn’t either, as to how/why the “hard core drug scene” has any relevance to the topic at hand. Even Austin, known as the more liberal and tolerable of all other Texas cities mostly due to the University of Texas, doesn’t exactly stand out as a stoner city amongst any other city in the US. I’m sure many people can point out their local college towns but you can generally point out any college town and say that it has many people who smoke pot. But when we speak of marijuana in terms of culture, you have to start out with Humboldt County, Mendocino County and Trinity County (Emerald Triangle), and then San Francisco, Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles.
I answered the OP's question with "California beach towns." You're a lawyer, right? Well then, you know better than to comment on a person's post without reading all of them. Looks like that ganja is doing some damage to your brain.

Last edited by probablyimnotsure; 05-16-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-16-2014, 03:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
IT geeks probably have a higher representation of pot smokers than many other professions excluding the arts. At least in my tech circles that is the case. They all seem to think I can get them some, or want to know if I want any.
I talked to someone who did a summer internship at Apple. Lot of pot smoking employees (not during work time, of course).

Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Ok, so maybe I'm not up to date on who smokes pot nowadays. Still, can't you enjoy life without inhaling or drinking anything regularly? Is it so hard to go through life sober and clear-minded?
Many users can, but they enjoy life even more with it. Others think everyone must get stoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Zxd5jp-lI

Old 05-16-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I answered the OP's question with "California beach towns." You're a lawyer, right? Well then, you know better than to comment on a person's post without reading all of them. Looks like that marijuana is doing some damage to your brain.
I read your post as to California beach towns, which was a different post than:
Quote:
To do any kind of recreational drug on a regular basis, unless it's for medicinal purposes, is just juvenile. Can you enjoy life without getting high or drunk? I'm still for the freedom of people to do it and for the legalization of it.
I commented on this specific post because it doesn't do anything other than troll the subject at hand, cast ignorant judgment of others, and provoke debate on personal beliefs. Seriously, I'm sure you can find plenty of other threads that call for this type of response, stupid as it may be.
Feel free to respond to this but don't expect another response as I don't feel like being trolled into a debate that doesn't add anything constructive to the thread.

Last edited by latino_esq; 05-16-2014 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Editing

Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
I read your post as to California beach towns, which was a different post than:

I commented on this specific post because it doesn't do anything other than troll the subject at hand, cast ignorant judgment of others, and provoke debate on personal beliefs. Seriously, I'm sure you can find plenty of other threads that call for this type of response, stupid as it may be.
Feel free to respond to this as I don't feel like getting into a trolling argument.
I was expressing an opinion on a subject. I then went on to say that I was for the legalization of marijuana and the right for people to smoke it. So what? If I express that I think that people have right to smoke marijuana, how is that trolling? Because you disagree with my personal opinion, I am trolling.

Last edited by probablyimnotsure; 05-16-2014 at 04:23 PM..

Old 05-16-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I was expressing an opinion on a subject. I then went on to say that I was for the legalization of marijuana and the right for people to smoke it. So what? If I express that I think that people have right to smoke marijuana, how is that trolling?
Just because you state that you are for the legalization of marijuana does not negate what you said in the previous two sentences where you call it juvenile behavior and questioning people for getting drunk or high. You can't ask someone to ignore these kind of statements, which I think is trolling, by saying something positive thereafter. Some people, including myself obviously, have strong opinions about this subject and take it somewhat personal when we are generalized in this manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.