Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:56 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times

Advertisements

Although I resent the idea of smoking weed (it reeks nasty and there's no need to do it), I think it should be legal everywhere.

Anyway....

What are some metros, cities or states or regions within the U.S. that just LOVE to smoke weed? A place where so many people do it that it's not even funny.

I know that people smoke weed everywhere, but I'm sure some places cater to it more than others and there is a stronger weed culture in certain places.

For me, when I think of weed, I instantly think of Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 08:19 PM

596 posts, read 820,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Although I resent the idea of smoking weed (it reeks nasty and there's no need to do it), I think it should be legal everywhere.

Anyway....

What are some metros, cities or states or regions within the U.S. that just LOVE to smoke weed? A place where so many people do it that it's not even funny.

I know that people smoke weed everywhere, but I'm sure some places cater to it more than others and there is a stronger weed culture in certain places.

For me, when I think of weed, I instantly think of Colorado.
Any area where there is a large concentration of slackers. I would look at California beach towns, where people are in their own little bubble and think that everybody should just chill out, live by the beach, smoke weed and live off their parents money.....And yes I'm bitter.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:56 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
Any area where there is a large concentration of slackers. I would look at California beach towns, where people are in their own little bubble and think that everybody should just chill out, live by the beach, smoke weed and live off their parents money.....And yes I'm bitter.
Bitter? I was going with "stoned to the bejeezus". You are thinking about trust-fund idiots who try that for six months after moving here from other states. People smoke here, but they also work their backsides off to make rent/pay the note.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:18 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Everywhere.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:09 PM

596 posts, read 820,400 times
To do any kind of recreational drug on a regular basis, unless it's for medicinal purposes, is just juvenile. Can you enjoy life without getting high or drunk? I'm still for the freedom of people to do it and for the legalization of it.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:29 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
To do any kind of recreational drug on a regular basis, unless it's for medicinal purposes, is just juvenile. Can you enjoy life without getting high or drunk? I'm still for the freedom of people to do it and for the legalization of it.
I agree. Anyone who resorts to using these drugs means there is something wrong about their life that led them to even consider doing them in the first place. Granted, they may or may not help it. In general, a well educated person who was raised right and was not influenced by anyone else would NOT be smoking weed. It's just not necessary.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:36 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Emerald Triangle, Northern California.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:23 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
It's very common to smoke weed in the West Coast states in general. I live in Los Angeles. A smoke shop sits right across from the high school I went to. Smoke shops are pretty much on every corner, as well as medical marijuana joints. Go to Venice Beach and not only will you see medical marijuana shops on every block, but you'll see all types of shirts in the shopping stores that promote marijuana and express love for it.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:06 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
The reason marijuana use is associated with juvenile slackers is because juvenile slackers are the only marijuana users who find it something to constantly and overtly proclaim.

Two avid marijuana smokers:

1. Wears a hat emblazoned with a pot leaf; says. "dude, whaaaat?" a lot; eats fast food multiple times a week; reads High Times.

2. Dresses 'business casual'; says, "Honey, I'm going to pick up some milk at the store." a lot; cooks from scratch in her SS kitchen with granite countertops multiple times a week; reads actual books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.