Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 11,739 times

Advertisements

I live in California and man I see so many interracial combos lately with the most I see is White/Hispanic (both genders), White male/Asian female, and to some extent Black man/White woman. I know in Texas and the Southwest White/Hispanic combos are the norm and was wondering if this is happening all over the country. I know that in Chicago a lot of Hispanics marry Whites as well. I should also mention that I am a white male engaged to a Mexican-American woman I met in college. Is this the future of this country? Here is an interesting article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/geogr...arriage-2014-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Yes, it's common most everywhere now, except in the regions few non-whites live.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Yep I see it here.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:49 PM

83 posts, read 135,669 times
I still don't see it "all the time" in the South. It pops up here and there, getting a little more frequent, but still fairly rare. Black male/white female seems the most common. (Probably since other ethnicities are in lower overall numbers around here)

Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 11,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDriver View Post
I still don't see it "all the time" in the South. It pops up here and there, getting a little more frequent, but still fairly rare. Black male/white female seems the most common. (Probably since other ethnicities are in lower overall numbers around here)
I kind of figured the South would not have as many as in the West and Southwest considering it does not really have much diversity, pretty much only Blacks and Whites live there. I am not for or against interracial marriage (to each his own) but in my case I just happened to connect with a girl who happens to be Hispanic and most of my friends (male and female) seem to be dating Hispanics or Asians. I guess California is the opposite of the South as there are not many Blacks here only 6% of the population so I don't see black/white combos as much here.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNo12345 View Post
I live in California and man I see so many interracial combos lately with the most I see is White/Hispanic (both genders), White male/Asian female, and to some extent Black man/White woman. I know in Texas and the Southwest White/Hispanic combos are the norm and was wondering if this is happening all over the country. I know that in Chicago a lot of Hispanics marry Whites as well. I should also mention that I am a white male engaged to a Mexican-American woman I met in college. Is this the future of this country? Here is an interesting article.

Geography Of Interracial Marriage - Business Insider
To some extent? Here in New York white female and black male is the biggest interracial relationship.

Puerto Ricans and black is realistically the biggest but because of brotherhood most people on the east coast don't consider it a true example interacial relationship.

Another big mix is white male/Asian women.

Indian and black interracial couples are more popular in the Caribbean communities but then again that's West Indian politics.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:57 AM

23,511 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Very common. I am also seeing more combinations which were not that common years ago:

White Male/South Asian Female (Indian)
Asian Male/White Female
African American Male/Asian Female

Old 06-30-2014, 01:23 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,486,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrior View Post
More common than two people of the same race these days.
I would definitely not say it's more common then same-race marriages. Even though it is far more common now, most people still stick to their own race.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM

267 posts, read 310,967 times
Love has no boundaries.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:52 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
Love has no boundaries.

It most certainly does. Snap into reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.