Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Said no one outside of SD County ever.
If you look at my location in the upper right corner you'll see I'm outside of SD County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

342 posts, read 510,801 times
Kill me for saying it - Chipotle.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Said no one outside of SD County ever.
Says a guy from Wisconsin.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,601 times
Honestly, if Chipotle burritos are the best they've ever had, then I feel bad for them.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanObservor View Post
The Pacific Northwest might be the worst place in the country for burritos
Central and Eastern WA. Gas stations in small towns like Quincy carry deep-fried bean and cheese burritos. OMG, so good.

My current list:

1) Miguel's Jr, Corona, CA (with other locations sprinkled around the Inland Empire). BEST in the WORLD imo.

2) Taco Star, Commerce City/Thornton/Longmont/Colorado Springs, CO (the cheese/tortilla are mouth watering)

3) Coronado's/Raliberto's, Westminster/Wheat Ridge, CO (overall, good balance of quality)

4) Casa Vallarta, Aurora, CO (sit down)

5) Don Jose, Riverside, CA (sit down)

6) Illegal Pete's, Denver, CO (Chipotle or Qdoba if they were actually good).

Honorable mentions: Baker's (Corona, CA/Inland Empire); Lucky Greek (Corona, CA).

Dishonorable mention: Alberto's (Riverside, CA {have no idea why people like them}).

Old 07-03-2014, 08:40 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,525,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Says a guy from Wisconsin.
Who's lived/worked in California. Do you believe that San Diego "does food better than the Bay" Area? If so, I'd love to hear your reasoning; if not, what exactly was your point here?

I've never, ever, in my entire life seen San Diego ranked ahead of San Fran for food by a legit 3rd party or critic. Have you?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Central and Eastern WA. Gas stations in small towns like Quincy carry deep-fried bean and cheese burritos. OMG, so good.
I had a really great carne asada burrito outside Yakima, Washington once...

Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times
Quote:
Who's lived/worked in California. Do you believe that San Diego "does food better than the Bay" Area? If so, I'd love to hear your reasoning; if not, what exactly was your point here?

I've never, ever, in my entire life seen San Diego ranked ahead of San Fran for food by a legit 3rd party or critic. Have you?
Well, I'm not nslander but, I've had way better burritos and tacos from cheap taquerias in SD than in SF and when I say "food" I mean Mexican food, the only kind I care about, which is what this thread is about. Most food critics don't frequent cheap taquerias and I rarely eat pricey so maybe we're discussing this from two different angles.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:

You find it inconceivable that San Diego can deliver better Mexican food than San Francisco. Ok.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:45 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,525,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You find it inconceivable that San Diego can deliver better Mexican food than San Francisco. Ok.
That was NOT the quote, and you know it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Yes, San Diego, that city on the border, does food better than the Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.