Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 08:32 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,029 times

Advertisements

Nashville, rude people, congestion, pollution, costly, terrible traffic, I'll stop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 12:30 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,569 times
San Francisco
Atlanta
Hollywood

I used to love San Francisco. I grew up in the southern part of the SF Bay Area and would love a day trip into SF. I was really disappointed/shocked the last time I was there a few years ago. It was so dirty and nothing like the way I remembered it from my childhood. Either "The City" has really changed or I'm just remembering it wrong. I'm going back to that area next week to visit family and my brother had mentioned something about spending a day in San Francisco. I'm actually not all that interested in seeing it this time around, even though I haven't been back to California for several years.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:56 PM

222 posts, read 691,235 times
Memphis
Tampa
All of Ohio
West Helena Ark (although the air was very clean) it just reminded me of the south from 1950 (even though I wasn't born in 1950 lol)

Old 01-01-2008, 05:27 PM

884 posts, read 1,034,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
Comparison: While yes I am sure there are illegal aliens coming from Canada. But can you even compare the Canadian border with the Mexican Border?

Wow that is rich.
The numbers of immigrants coming from the mexican border is extremely high in comparison to the Canadian Border!!
The economy in Canada is very strong, so do not even TRY to compare the two.
Illegal immigration is for what it is. It is not right, and I do NOT support it. There are people who are truly trying hard to come to America the right way.
Illegal Immigrants make it that much harder.

"Poor dark people" ? when I see a "dark" person who does not speak english I personally do not assume that they are here illegaly. Where do you get your information from? Just because a few skinheads or idiots choose to believe that people who do not speak english in America are illegal. that is their problem. Last I checked english is not an official language in over thirty states.

It is the persons problem if they choose to assume that.
Exactly! An immigrant coming from Canada would actually lose money coming here due to the exchange rate between the 2.

I'm not really foreseeing an immigration problem as far as Canada is concerned. Soon we may be fleeing to Canada if anything.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,388,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brri View Post
Austin, Texas. Could not see what all the hype is about.
agree with above!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:09 PM

142 posts, read 999,484 times
San Fran, LA

Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Tacky attractions, cheesy "shows" with has-been performers like the Mandrell sisters, overpriced "outlet" stores, "Dollywood", UGH. My mother "treated" the kids and I to a vacation there a couple of years ago. I was glad to get home!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,803 times
Miami.
Everyone kept talking to me in spanish....It was annoying! drivers were bad and there wasen't much to do either.
I liked the weather though!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:16 PM

395 posts, read 1,375,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
I did not like Chicago at all.
I prefer Phoenix, or Indianapolis.

Chicago is too humid during summers, and too cold during winters.
It seemed very bleak,

I just did not like the vibe at all.

New York City and Indiannapolis I really liked.

Are you kidding??? To each his own i guess. How you can prefer indianapolis over chicago boggles my mind. What the heck do you look for in a "city"...???? PHoenix???? A giant suburb...same as Indianapolis...

I respect your opinion though...I would give chicago another chance...

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 PM

279 posts, read 782,602 times
well i have low expectations, so i dont really expect to really like a place often, so ill just list places that most people like that i didnt

theres hawaii for one (i dont like feeling like im in a foreign country if i dont know anything about it, and the weather was too hot for me)

places like NYC, chicago, LA (too much urban sprawl...sometimes i wonder if people whos been there their whole lives have ever seen open space)

florida in general (weather is terrible, people are terrible as well, way too expensive)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.