Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
What about Stormfront? From what I gather, it is a site devoted to white nationalism and white preservation. I don't see any harm in that. After all, every other race has their own advocacy groups. As far as I can tell, Stormfront is nothing more than an internet forum, much like city data.

Oh yeah Stormfront is very informative..I checked it out and found out I'm part of a Zionist cabal controlling the United States! Fascinating--yeah acutally it's just like City-Data!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Wow. Umm I didn't understand how seriously white nationalist some of the people I was talking to were. I was just trying to be sociable and not cause a fight. I hope no one thought I was sympathetic to that. I'm a little scared to be posting here now.

On sharing some basic norms I mostly meant like some agreed standards a society needs to function. In ours those would be like no sibling marriage, no ritual prostitution, no honor killing, no female genital mutilation, etc. Even if those are cultural traditions in some places I think they're wrong and can be forbidden. I wasn't thinking like everyone should abandon their old religion or clothes styles or whatever. (Exception being if their religion requires violence to non-members)

And by English I don't really care what people speak at home, but you do need a common language for work or friendship or whatever.

I think I was clear I like places with all kinds of people. Also that identifying as "white" is quite possibly silly and unnecessary. If you want a mostly Scottish or Irish town maybe I can see that, uncertain, but that I was uncomfortable with some of this.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 06-16-2009 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: I left things out

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM

30 posts, read 166,747 times
Default West Virginia is nearly 100% white

Cairo, West Virginia -100.00%
Webster Springs, WV -99.8%
Point Pleasant, WV -96.57%
Vienna, WV -96.70%
Parkersburg, WV -96.36%
Ripley, WV -98.22%
Huntington, WV -89.61%
Clarksburg, WV -93.86%
Wheeling, WV -92.72%
Charelstown. WV -78.91%
Ravenswood, WV -98.04%
Morgantown, WV -89.48%
Charelston, WV -80.63%
Sheperdstown, WV -80.20%

Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
The Twin Cities, Portland, Seattle

Old 06-17-2009, 06:07 AM

925 posts, read 2,606,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
Nothing is to come from talking with the willfully ignorant, particularly the variety that already have their minds made up about which "race" reigns above all others. Just couldn't let some of the nonsense spewed here arbitrarily pass by without commenting.
Who has said anything of the such. You're simply seeing what you want to see.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Oh yeah Stormfront is very informative..I checked it out and found out I'm part of a Zionist cabal controlling the United States! Fascinating--yeah acutally it's just like City-Data!
I have a hard time believing that anyone actually said you were part of a cabal. Do you honestly believe that I'm going to believe that?

Still, yeah, they're both Internet forums, so it is just liike city data. It appears that they're even supported by the same server.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Wow. Umm I didn't understand how seriously white nationalist some of the people I was talking to were. I was just trying to be sociable and not cause a fight. I hope no one thought I was sympathetic to that. I'm a little scared to be posting here now.
Why?

Quote:
I think I was clear I like places with all kinds of people. Also that identifying as "white" is quite possibly silly and unnecessary. If you want a mostly Scottish or Irish town maybe I can see that, uncertain, but that I was uncomfortable with some of this.
Why is identifying as "white" silly and unnecessary? It does help characterize people of European descent. Since most "whites" in the U.S. are not Scottish or Irish, how about let's say white, or European-American?

Why are you uncomfortable? What is so uncomfortable about talking about ethnicities and racial aspects of people of European descent? You sound so conditioned by the mainstream media and academia. It sounds like white guilt. No offense.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
I have a hard time believing that anyone actually said you were part of a cabal. Do you honestly believe that I'm going to believe that?

Still, yeah, they're both Internet forums, so it is just liike city data. It appears that they're even supported by the same server.
Supported by the same server? Or use the same forum software (which is the same software used by hundreds and hundreds of message boards)?

Stormfront is a site with ties to white supremacy and neo-Nazism that began as a site for David Duke supporters and is owned by a (former?) member of the Ku Klux Klan. It's a site for extremism and hate.

So no. It's not the same as this message board.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Supported by the same server? Or use the same forum software (which is the same software used by hundreds and hundreds of message boards)?
You're correct on this comment.

Quote:
Stormfront is a site with ties to white supremacy and neo-Nazism that began as a site for David Duke supporters and is owned by a (former?) member of the Ku Klux Klan. It's a site for extremism and hate.
From what I can see, there's nothing in their title that says anything about white supremacy. In fact, it's not even on the radar. I'm sure that there are a few members there who believe in supremacy, but as far as I can tell, based on what I've researched, it's nothing more than a forum for white nationalists. From my research, white nationalism and white supremacism are two totally different things, though some white supremacists may be white nationalists. Anyone could say the same thing about Americans being extremists, as some Americans may subscribe to irrational beliefs and or advocate violence.

Based on my own research, while it is true that David Duke is a former member of the Klan, such was over thirty years ago. People do certain things in their youth that doesn't look too good on them in their later years.

Based upon youtube videos, he clearly states that he is not a supremacists, but that he only wants for white people to have their own communities and full protections under the law. I think much of the arguments you're putting up are scare tactics, considering that I'm looking at it with an open mind. I see more disinformation than anything about David Duke.

While I browsed their forums, it didn't come off as filled with hate. It came off as individuals who are concerned about the nation that their ancestors fought and died for being turned over to non-white peoples, something any people would be concerned about, if they're not brainwashed with a good helping of white guilt.

There may be a few extremists on the site, but by far they seem to be outnumbered by non-extremists.

Hate is an emotion. People are allowed to disagree with their nation literally transforming right before their eyes. I see no problem with this. If you call it hate, that's your right, but it's all in a matter of interpretation. I'm sure that they'd view your beliefs of wishing to not stop the clock as hatred toward people of European descent who built their nation. It's all in the viewpoint.

Quote:
So no. It's not the same as this message board.
They're both internet forums, so yes, they're both message boards. I find it hard to understand the reasoning that say that it's not the same as this message board, when they're both message boards. That makes a lot of sense.

By the way, let's get back on topic. The topic is "Cities with lots of white people".

Old 06-17-2009, 04:05 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
You're correct on this comment.

From what I can see, there's nothing in their title that says anything about white supremacy. In fact, it's not even on the radar. I'm sure that there are a few members there who believe in supremacy, but as far as I can tell, based on what I've researched, it's nothing more than a forum for white nationalists. From my research, white nationalism and white supremacism are two totally different things, though some white supremacists may be white nationalists. Anyone could say the same thing about Americans being extremists, as some Americans may subscribe to irrational beliefs and or advocate violence.

Based on my own research, while it is true that David Duke is a former member of the Klan, such was over thirty years ago. People do certain things in their youth that doesn't look too good on them in their later years.

Based upon youtube videos, he clearly states that he is not a supremacists, but that he only wants for white people to have their own communities and full protections under the law. I think much of the arguments you're putting up are scare tactics, considering that I'm looking at it with an open mind. I see more disinformation than anything about David Duke.

While I browsed their forums, it didn't come off as filled with hate. It came off as individuals who are concerned about the nation that their ancestors fought and died for being turned over to non-white peoples, something any people would be concerned about, if they're not brainwashed with a good helping of white guilt.

There may be a few extremists on the site, but by far they seem to be outnumbered by non-extremists.

Hate is an emotion. People are allowed to disagree with their nation literally transforming right before their eyes. I see no problem with this. If you call it hate, that's your right, but it's all in a matter of interpretation. I'm sure that they'd view your beliefs of wishing to not stop the clock as hatred toward people of European descent who built their nation. It's all in the viewpoint.

They're both internet forums, so yes, they're both message boards. I find it hard to understand the reasoning that say that it's not the same as this message board, when they're both message boards. That makes a lot of sense.

By the way, let's get back on topic. The topic is "Cities with lots of white people".
I'm on an office computer at the moment, so I don't feel comfortable doing the sort of research that would easily prove that stormfront is a site dedicated to white supremacy. This isn't a secret. It's hard to think that you aren't being willfully ignorant on that point...

As you correctly noted, that's not the topic of this thread. I'll provide you this support via direct message, if you so desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.