Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times

Advertisements

You won't find anyone similar to Mariah Carey in the native white populations of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. The Negroid traits are seen in her phenotype. Amerind traits get diluted easier. Nowadays a lot of celebrities claim they have Native American heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
To me, a white person is anyone who has white features without any knowledge of ancestry rooted in a race of "color".

For example, somebody like Mariah Carey looks white, but she's part black so she doesn't count. One drop rule.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:58 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
You won't find anyone similar to Mariah Carey in the native white populations of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. The Negroid traits are seen in her phenotype. Amerind traits get diluted easier. Nowadays a lot of celebrities claim they have Native American heritage.
Good point. I was going to say that she does look pretty black anyway. It's most likely the high cheekbones that give her awayl. She's a very light-skinned woman.

But then again, there were a lot of people who only found out a few years ago that she was black. A lot of people always thought she was white. Mostly because she looks more ethnic nowadays.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthtrader View Post
White's like the cold climates.Marin County is very white. Seattle.Manchester, NHOmaha, NE
Seattle is not really a cold climate.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM

188 posts, read 989,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Seattle is not really a cold climate.
It snows there.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:28 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
oh my gosh---i have funny eyes,play rap music loud(i'm getting deaf),and mariachi music---sing loudly in spanish,and am of european descent---i must not be white
What are you half Cuban and Korean? oh well.. Those were just some generalizations , I am Chinese and Mexican decent so i figured I could make fun of Mexicans and Chinese people, I did black people too because i couldn't leave them out... I listen to Hip hop as well but... whatever...

Old 12-20-2007, 04:38 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
Thumbs up If you mean Caucasian!!

Probably Bangor, Maine or any town in Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
i think the title could have been stated in a more matrure fashinon :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
It just seems that the title sounds a little "redneck"

A better title may be:

Which cities contain a distinguishable amount of a Caucasian Population" (Then insert an off-set of a caucasian race, that specifically would interest you)
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
I do not know about that. Redneck can be used as a matter of pride as well.

I once asked for my ideal city with a high percentage of whites (of any ethnicity and sub-race and type) as one of the preferences. Several harsh comments were written against my person in the initial replies. There is no need for the OP to defend a preference.

The OP could use the paranthesis if there is a preference for a certain ethnic group or sub-race of Europid. That is not necessarily the case. Ordinary people have very little understanding of the latter anyway. Most people don't know of Nordid, East-Baltid, Dinarid, Alpinid, Mediterranid, and so forth.

The OP should state cities of what size with a white majority. Cities with over 90 % whites are quite small.
Honestly, you guys, the OP posed the question the way s/he wanted to. Perhaps some of you would have done differently, as I probably would have (actually probably wouldn't have asked the question to begin with), but that's what the OP wants to know.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Honestly, you guys, the OP posed the question the way s/he wanted to. Perhaps some of you would have done differently, as I probably would have (actually probably wouldn't have asked the question to begin with), but that's what the OP wants to know.

It is important to be more specific when posting threads. In order to get a defenite answer
What is wrong with being informative on our part?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Well, the suggestion was to be more "mature", not more specific. Specificity I agree with. Maturity is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 11,198 times
You want white? Try Ashland Wisconsin, or Hibbing Minnesota or Marquette, Michigan or Fargo ND. I was just in Fargo for a meeting. The only black people there attend their state college. Problem is, it's Fargo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.