Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM

136 posts, read 241,311 times

Advertisements

If homosexuals want a civil union or something of that nature to provide different forms of relational benefits, that's fine. Just don't call it marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Gent View Post
If homosexuals want a civil union or something of that nature to provide different forms of relational benefits, that's fine. Just don't call it marriage.
Screw that, you don't get to choose the word used. Ever hear of the first amendment? You can't ban a certain group from a certain word.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't. At least, not in the minds of the majority... only in your mind. It doesn't have any legal or physical affect on your life, period.
Frankly, I do not believe I'm in a minority. I know very few men or women for that matter that openly proclaim homosexuality to be moral. I know polls and whatnot would say I'm wrong (last I checked it was about 54% in favor of gay marriage), but I really don't trust the accuracy of these polls. Support for gay marriage is not synonymous for acceptance of the lifestyle. One might accept the use of marijuana as a choice, but be completely opposed to actually consuming it.

Furthermore, because of the political correctness nature that has stigmatized gay marriage in recent years, I think there a lot of people that 'publicly' would say they support it but fewer who actually do. Speaking for my own personal life, I grew up and live currently in Southeastern Wisconsin -- a swing state. Whenever I hear gay marriage brought up here, even among my age group (20's), most are opposed to it.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Frankly, I do not believe I'm in a minority. I know very few men or women for that matter that openly proclaim homosexuality to be moral. I know polls and whatnot would say I'm wrong (last I checked it was about 54% in favor of gay marriage), but I really don't trust the accuracy of these polls. Support for gay marriage is not synonymous for acceptance of the lifestyle. One might accept the use of marijuana as a choice, but be completely opposed to actually consuming it.
This has NOTHING to do with whether or not it "devalues" marriage. Show me how it, in a verifiable way, makes signing a contract with benefits less valuable, otherwise, your argument fails.

Quote:
Furthermore, because of the political correctness nature that has stigmatized gay marriage in recent years, I think there a lot of people that 'publicly' would say they support it but fewer who actually do. Speaking for my own personal life, I grew up and live currently in Southeastern Wisconsin -- a swing state. Whenever I hear gay marriage brought up here, even among my age group (20's), most are opposed to it.

That does not mean it "devalues" marriage in any verifiable way.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
This has NOTHING to do with whether or not it "devalues" marriage. Show me how it, in a verifiable way, makes signing a contract with benefits less valuable, otherwise, your argument fails.

That does not mean it "devalues" marriage in any verifiable way.
Because marriage is a sacred bond between one man and one woman. You can hate the phrase all you want, but it's the truth.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Because marriage is a sacred bond between one man and one woman. You can hate the phrase all you want, but it's the truth.
Uh, incorrect. Marriage predates your religion....

You are admitting that you can't show me any verifiable way that it takes value from the contract signed and benefits granted, correct?

Old 07-31-2014, 02:01 PM

Homosexuality is not natural biblically or evolutionary. It is a result of a mental defect.

It doesn't take a Christian to acknowledge that. Man and woman were clearly designed to be sexual partners, just by looking at their anatomy and ability to reproduce and pleasure each other. Two individuals of the same sex is like taking two keys or two locks, they're very clearly not designed to go together. It's as plain as day.

If a species were to assert homosexual tenancies in a prevalent portion of their population, the specifies would cease to exist by natural selection.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
You are admitting that you can't show me any verifiable way that it takes value from the contract signed and benefits granted, correct?
I never claimed it would devalue the benefits. It devalues the unique, special nature of marriage. Because yes, my heterosexual marriage is 100% superior to any homosexual "marriage" because mine was ordained by God.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Homosexuality is not natural biblically or evolutionary. It is a result of a mental defect.
Not the subject of the thread.

Quote:
It doesn't take a Christian to acknowledge that. Man and woman were clearly designed to be sexual partners, just by looking at their anatomy and ability to reproduce and pleasure each other. Two individuals of the same sex is like taking two keys or two locks, they're very clearly not designed to go together. It's as plain as day.

Quote:
If a species were to assert homosexual tenancies in a prevalent portion of their population, the specifies would cease to exist by natural selection.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Not what we are talking about.

Still changing the subject as you loose the argument? Show me how same sex marriage removes the benefits from the contract you sign when you get married....

Show me how same sex marriage removes the benefits from marriage contracts...
Frankly, I really don't think I'm losing an argument or winning it. We simply have different opinions. I respect yours, you mock mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.