Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:12 PM

61 posts, read 258,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
If you look black, you're black. Period. If you know there's black in your family, you're black. Tightly curled hair, high cheekbones, round lips, strong brow, curvaceous build, etc.

Hispanics with heavier skin tones get that from African ancestry. That's a fact. But no one's saying you can't claim Hispanic at the same time as claiming black.
actually, hispanics with darker skin tones also get that from indigenous native populations. such as the taino in the bahamas who called themselves boriquen in puerto rico. most puerto ricans have taino and spanaird blood more than african blood. those are the mestizos.

what about heather locklear? it's a well known fact that the locklears have black blood.

but she's the quintessential blonde/blue girl. it still doesn't negate the fact that she's black- per your one drop rule of course.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../locklear.html

Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 PM

61 posts, read 258,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estudiante View Post
i thought latinos hated being called "hispanic". where is hispana? the more politically correct term would be "latino" if we are going to play the race card.
i don't hate being called hispanic and sometimes i use latina. however, "hispana" as you put it, was a name given to iberian penninsular countries like portugal, and spain by the romans. also it isn't hispana.. it's hispania.

so hispanic is a perfectly acceptable term.

do a google search for hispania.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:52 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,634 times
Again, even though I kind of understand you one must acknowledge Hispanic is not a racial term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosFeliz_Diva View Post
i look more hispanic than black

Old 12-23-2007, 08:03 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:
actually, hispanics with darker skin tones also get that from indigenous native populations. such as the taino in the bahamas who called themselves boriquen in puerto rico. most puerto ricans have taino and spanaird blood more than african blood. those are the mestizos.

what about heather locklear? it's a well known fact that the locklears have black blood.

but she's the quintessential blonde/blue girl. it still doesn't negate the fact that she's black- per your one drop rule of course.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../locklear.html
Well I did say that Native Americans contributed to some Latinos' appearance.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
So what would you call a hispanic who is of spaniard and african blood (as most of them are) who in appearance looks like neither. Lets say light skinned but large nose and lips and curly hair. You cant just say they're the same as an american whose mixed. The american's PARENTS are of different color. The hispanic's parents are of the country and you would have to go back generations to find the spaniard and african mix. That's why you cant call them oreo or whatever......they're hispanic.

Also I dont like Latino because I am proud of my spanish heritage and Latinos include non-spanish countries like Haiti, Brazil and Portuguese. I don't like getting grouped, so I prefer the narrower more correct term, Hispanic.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:54 PM

539 posts, read 1,923,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
ATLANTA ATLANTA ATLANTA!!! EVERY where you look theres good lookin girls all over the place. I dont see how you can be single in that city.

I do! Just because all of those girls look good (and they do, there's no way I could argue with you there) doesn't necessarily mean they're wifey material, or even girlfriend material.

And then on top of that, so many black women in Atlanta are from somewhere outside the South. That alone makes it worse - everybody knows southern girls are the best

Old 01-13-2008, 06:08 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Los Angeles ....Because of the Prevailing Industry There..they have a sayiny that you Fall In Love Everyday..The Girls Are So Lovely There

Atlanta GA and the whole state for that matter..And That's why they call those Girls Georgia Peaches

Houston Dallas Maimi San Antonio New Orleans

Old 01-13-2008, 11:52 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Houston, Dallas, and DC have some of the most gorgeous black women you can ever grace your eyes upon. Same with Atlanta. An underrated city is Norfolk, Virginia.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Atlanta 1000x.

My brother lives in Harlem and I fall in love on my way to the subway every time I'm there, so NYC has got to be in the mix, too.

I've met women of color in Chicago that have rendered me nearly speechless.

Those are my personal top 3, but I'm of the school that holds that every city has beautiful women waiting to be adored.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
Frontline: Locklear
We're all basically from Africa, if you go back far enough Also, U.S. Citites (Most Attractive African American Women)?? U.S. Citites? I just made up a new word! A citite is an urban dweller, a city person. FutureCop would be a 'citite'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.