Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:03 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times

Advertisements

In all due respect at least Texas and Florida require to keep your dang gun concealed. Every now and then in AZ you get these Dirty Harry's that like to sport their pistol for everyone to see. And of course I always wind up mouthing off to them, I always get pissed for some reason. I guess I better knock it off before I get myself injured or killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
It can be broken down like this:

Guns:

NH
Vermont
Florida
Arizona
Washington (both could be welcome)
Tennessee

Pot:

Vermont (both indeed would be welcome here)
Colorado
Washington
California
Oregon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 11:33 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
Yea this is the bad thing about CO and WA. If you got into it, you'd be trapped and forced to stay put. All those pot smokers can go there for all I care, I just don't want to be anywhere like that. Plus the passive aggressiveness in those places are off the charts. Denver might slightly differ from Seattle for instance but not enough if you're from back east. The west is all the same crap to me and next thing you know, UT will change into the same thing too.
Well, those are just the first 2 of many states - why would it stop there? And even in most of the rest of the states, weed is like the last thing the local police force is going to give a crap about & if you get caught, it's like a speeding ticket.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:30 PM

233 posts, read 374,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Well, those are just the first 2 of many states - why would it stop there? And even in most of the rest of the states, weed is like the last thing the local police force is going to give a crap about & if you get caught, it's like a speeding ticket.
Depending on how much marijuana someone has in their possession, as well as their intentions, it could mean serving a serious amount of time in jail. It's not like a speeding ticket, whether you want it to be or not.

I think anyone, pro-pot or not, can see that.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:45 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Yes, my words. And I'm dead serious too. Avoid WA at all costs. We're all evil, depraved, drug-addicted sodomites here.
I cannot rep you enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
Depending on how much marijuana someone has in their possession, as well as their intentions, it could mean serving a serious amount of time in jail. It's not like a speeding ticket, whether you want it to be or not.

I think anyone, pro-pot or not, can see that.
No, not really. Depends on the record of the offender. You could have pounds of weed with intent to distribute and get an easy one-year probation. Happens all the time. Most people who sell weed don't sell much, and if they do they are getting tough sentences because they sell real drugs, got caught with guns and drugs, or are already convicted felons.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:15 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
Yes I would avoid it actually, it's not that crazy. The pot culture is going to be overcompensated there because it is one of the very FEW places it is legal. As you can see there are droves of young people moving there because of this. I personally can't stand the culture associated with pot, let alone drinking culture. But then again I would probably ban tattoos and a lot of baby names if I could.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the scenery of Colorado and understand you can still visit and enjoy all of that just the same.
I live in Denver and have not seen nor smelled anyone smoking it since it became legal. The culture seems the same to me. My kids will be exposed to it eventually, whether it's legal or not. I plan to educate them on pot and alcohol at an appropriate age.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:55 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,390,324 times
I have a ski place in CO. It's still "banned" in some counties. Laws on laws on laws.

I haven't seen anyone using it thankfully. I like it criminalized.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:58 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post

Why?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:08 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,321 times
Quote:
Right. Because it makes SOOOO much sense to lock people up in jail and essentially ruin their lives because they smoked a little weed.

I don't smoke weed. I hate the way it makes me feel, and that skunky smell makes my stomach turn. However, I see the obvious futility and hypocrisy in prohibition. I also can't stand Brussels Sprouts, but I don't think they should be illegal.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,390,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Right. Because it makes SOOOO much sense to lock people up in jail and essentially ruin their lives because they smoked a little weed.

I don't smoke weed. I hate the way it makes me feel, and that skunky smell makes my stomach turn. However, I see the obvious futility and hypocrisy in prohibition. I also can't stand Brussels Sprouts, but I don't think they should be illegal.
Tough on crime. Only criminals should fear.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:15 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,321 times
Quote:
Tough on crime. Only criminals should fear.
Huh? What does that even mean? I guess I have a very different opinion of what makes someone a criminal. To me, someone who commits violent acts against others, steals property, rapes people, drives drunk, or engages in shady ponzi scams is MUCH more of an actual criminal than someone who smokes a little weed in their home to unwind after a stressful day. And like I said, I don't even touch the stuff.

I see you're from Wyoming. Explains a lot about your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.