Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:02 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,886,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The prudent thing is to get a job and a room ,most are part time any way, then get schooling you can afford .
Student loans are a joke and they are not getting paid off .
Looking at the economy rationally the future for work is not looking great no matter what field your aiming at.
Besides, having a job while going to school gives you a heads up on a job history , which most students don't have ,making it harder for them to get jobs .
Employers are looking for the reputation and work ethic, more than skill , because it is likely that you will have to learn how they want things done any way.
LOL...try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 09:16 AM

149 posts, read 207,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
so where are you headed?

I don't want to mention it just yet...when I get there I'll tell. The thing is I don't know if I'll ever come back here again when I leave so it's kind of a big moment. See I've been researching all the states, and I finally just decided that I really don't know where to go, and I will never know until I go and get some firsthand experience.

And yea I'm not really thinking about the future too much right now. I already went to college and left before I finished a degree... I'm only 3 classes short. But when I left mid semester, I also left without paying the bill, so I don't actually have access to those credits I got. And I owe money to the collectors or something which I don't plan on paying in this lifetime.

The way I see it machines are going to replace all jobs anyway. Eh I'll do something necessary like organic farming...and where I'm going, that is probably possible. I also don't mind doing nothing. Something tells me I might find a lucrative way to get money, a lot of money, but not until I'm nearing 40.

I also have a neck pillow for this bus ride so it shouldn't be too bad...neck pillows are also good for computers which I just learned.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:27 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,572 times
Not much of a survival scheme. I'd suggest you re-think it.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Not much of a survival scheme. I'd suggest you re-think it.
2 late

Old 09-08-2014, 09:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
But when I left mid semester, I also left without paying the bill, so I don't actually have access to those credits I got. And I owe money to the collectors or something which I don't plan on paying in this lifetime.
Of course you don't. What a baby.

I'm sure your parents will appreciate your leaving them with the creditors to deal with. Nice touch.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:37 AM

it's only a 7 hour ride, it's a small risk...

Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
If you aren't a troll, then I wish you good luck. It is not safe to do what you are doing.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM

right now I'm really pissed off because I could have gotten a much cheaper bus with MEGABUS, and I could already be on the way right now...

Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,560 times

Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
If you aren't a troll, then I wish you good luck. It is not safe to do what you are doing.
nah you're wrong I think...I'm sure it's perfectly safe. It's a great college town. Living at home is much more unsafe...I think I have a greater chance of succumbing to a degenerative disease living at home, than I will by getting mugged or bitten by a black widow...again, it's a great town and a good bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.