U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM

210 posts, read 815,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
now, let me just say, crack was a problem in every major city, even chicago, but all im saying is that it probably wasn't as bad there.
your are right. I've heard the same thing, i just came up with that list from what I know and mistakenly put chicago in there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:15 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,412,264 times
Baltimore
DC
Detroit
Cleveland
Atlanta
Philly
Miami

The list goes on, but also NYC was one of the hardest hit in the 80s-early 90s. It still has a problem, but not nearly as bad though. Miami was horrible in the 70s-early 90s but has cleaned up a lot since then as well.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01va571 View Post
In the late 90's early 2000's I would have said Washington DC was the most crack-head infested city in America.

I mean just about every city has crack issues, what ive seen with my own eye's I would say:

Baltimore
Washington DC
Richmond VA
Little Rock
Saint Louis
Memphis
Conway, SC
Charleston, SC
Right outside of Myrtle Beach, SC
Southside Chicago
yeah ur forgettin about San Fran, CA lol..actually the whole damn bay area is infested with crack..i live in the tenderloin and god damn i bet u theres someone lightin up right outside my gate as i type lol. also new orleans has a similiar problem. maybe not as many crackheads, but theres definitely plenty of drugs. crack not excluded from the list, but its not the drug of choice amongst majoriy of the users..
also most states throughout the midwest do not have a crack problem (atleast not out in public) theyre more meth infested cuz its actually worth the $ if u care about actually getting high lol cuz crack is whack.. ive never met neone who smoked crack at a party, or just out infront of neone when i lived out in the midwest, so i dont think neone really uses crack in those parts..but i dont know, addicts can be hella sneaky and full of lies and thats the truth. ive come across hella opiate and meth addicts. and sum heroin but barely ne crackheads in the midwest and the dirty south. not doubting theyre not there jus didnt really see them ever

Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,885,970 times
For people moving to the US from Canada or Europe it be major shock how big the drug use is in US and in every city .

Drugs are every where even in the suburbs .Drug addicts don't really have problems finding drugs . Well drugs like heroin and opium they may have to look around bit or know some one to hook up with but still very easy to find.

When I go to Canada or Europe it is very different.

Some cities and areas in US have more of street dealing and drug use in public than other cities that do more of a hook ups and do drugs in side the building.

A city like Miami ,Baltimore ,Philly or San Francisco will have more of street dealing and drug use in public where has Dallas and Houston they call the drug dealer on the cell phone and hook up and do drugs in side the building. So there not that street dealing and drug use in public .

Old 05-11-2013, 03:10 AM

14,131 posts, read 12,924,326 times
People still smoke crack? I haven't come across a crackhead in ages....everyone's on heroin now.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 AM

13,390 posts, read 24,018,613 times
Any city will have ready access to both.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,519,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
For people moving to the US from Canada or Europe it be major shock how big the drug use is in US and in every city .

Drugs are every where even in the suburbs .Drug addicts don't really have problems finding drugs . Well drugs like heroin and opium they may have to look around bit or know some one to hook up with but still very easy to find.

When I go to Canada or Europe it is very different.

Some cities and areas in US have more of street dealing and drug use in public than other cities that do more of a hook ups and do drugs in side the building.

A city like Miami ,Baltimore ,Philly or San Francisco will have more of street dealing and drug use in public where has Dallas and Houston they call the drug dealer on the cell phone and hook up and do drugs in side the building. So there not that street dealing and drug use in public .

Drug use is just as rampant in Canadian cities and towns as it is many American ones. But we don't have much of a tradition of street dealing, so it's not as out in the open as it is in some American cities where dealers sell it on street corners and whatnot. That said, Toronto has a huge crack and cocaine problem, and heroin has become very poplar as well. Over the last ten years, prescription opiates have become major problems in the GTA. In the towns and cities around Toronto, crack, coke, prescription pills and increasingly heroin are all abused at high levels. I don't even have to mention ganja, which Canadians consume at a rate higher than any other developed nation on Earth. Although BC gets all the attention for its bud, the Toronto area and Southern Ontario produce many tonnes of high-grade pot for local and global consumption every year. However, the drug trade is generally not conducted in the open in Canada's large cities (with the exception of Vancouver) and it's effects are harder to gauge for someone just visiting.

Montreal has always had a big drug culture as well, and is a major trafficking hub for cocaine and heroin.

Vancouver's drug problem is probably the most visible, as you can find dealers and users of crack and junk openly doing their thing in the Downtown East Side. This may be one of the few urban areas in Canada where the sale and use of hard drugs is out in the open. It's basically a skid row with many flophouses and cheap hotels nearby where addicts, prostitutes and dealers congregate in large numbers.

So crack is huge here, and heroin is becoming more of a problem in Eastern Canada, where in the past it was more of a Northeast US and Vancouver thing. This has a lot to do with the increasing popularity of prescription opiates and a resulting crackdown which has driven up demand for heroin in both large cities and small towns.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:26 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,885,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Drug use is just as rampant in Canadian cities and towns as it is many American ones. But we don't have much of a tradition of street dealing, so it's not as out in the open as it is in some American cities where dealers sell it on street corners and whatnot. That said, Toronto has a huge crack and cocaine problem, and heroin has become very poplar as well. Over the last ten years, prescription opiates have become major problems in the GTA. In the towns and cities around Toronto, crack, coke, prescription pills and increasingly heroin are all abused at high levels. I don't even have to mention ganja, which Canadians consume at a rate higher than any other developed nation on Earth. Although BC gets all the attention for its bud, the Toronto area and Southern Ontario produce many tonnes of high-grade pot for local and global consumption every year. However, the drug trade is generally not conducted in the open in Canada's large cities (with the exception of Vancouver) and it's effects are harder to gauge for someone just visiting.

Montreal has always had a big drug culture as well, and is a major trafficking hub for cocaine and heroin.

Vancouver's drug problem is probably the most visible, as you can find dealers and users of crack and junk openly doing their thing in the Downtown East Side. This may be one of the few urban areas in Canada where the sale and use of hard drugs is out in the open. It's basically a skid row with many flophouses and cheap hotels nearby where addicts, prostitutes and dealers congregate in large numbers.

So crack is huge here, and heroin is becoming more of a problem in Eastern Canada, where in the past it was more of a Northeast US and Vancouver thing. This has a lot to do with the increasing popularity of prescription opiates and a resulting crackdown which has driven up demand for heroin in both large cities and small towns.
You sorta of right . It different in Canada .

When you come up to Canada you don't really see people loitering , people smoking pot /crack or other drugs in public , people high in public , people open dealing in public , prostitutes , people drinking or doing drugs in public and drug addicts so on.

At least the suburbs and major big cities .Where you will find a bit of this is in Edmonton , Winnipeg , Hamilton , Thunder Bay ,Windsor , Saskatoon and Regina . Some other small cities and towns. Still not level like you see in the US.

In the US drugs are even in the suburbs ( not just the old area or downtown area ) and more of street level feel.

Canada does NOT have that big street level feel or ghetto feel . Take drive down XY street lots of prostitutes than down XT street lots of drug dealing and drug out people. Canada does not have that feel.

Canada does not even have cities or areas will you call hood or ghetto. Even Downtown east Vancouver that is closer to US but you don't feel unsafe .

Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM

542 posts, read 1,594,728 times
Baltimore has a big drug problem

Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 PM

14,260 posts, read 25,292,482 times
Every city in the US. But if you want more specifics, than, Every little beach town up and down Florida's Atlantic coast. From the biggest cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. To the small ones like Lake Worth, Riviera Beach, Delray Beach, Pompano Beach. Most of Dade's beach towns are rich, where as Broward and Palm Beach counties have more middle-class/working-class beach towns. Like honestly, the most "common-man" beachtown in Miami-Dade County just might be Miami Beach. Just because tourist of all incomes go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.