Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 02:21 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Seattle vs. Bellevue.
I'd say, Seattle vs. every other city in the state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
In West Virginia

Charleston vs Morgantown // has sparked a lot of debate between posters. largest/Capital city vs. up and coming/university town.

Morgantown vs Huntington // College city rivalry. The cities are remarkably different, but still offer about the same amount.

Charleston vs Huntington // Two cities roughly the same size and located right next to each other. Friendly economic rivals, pushing each other to out do the other.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 AM

156 posts, read 119,284 times
In Nebraska it's without question Lincoln VS Omaha

Lincoln is regarded as more socially progressive whereas Omaha and it's surrounding cities are regarded as more conservative.

I've only lived in Nebraska for about three years now but you can definitely tell that Lincoln people and Omaha people tend to stick to their cities as opposed to travelling between the two a lot. Which to me is a little strange considering they are less than an hour apart.

Basically the only thing that unites the two cities is Cornhusker football.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:20 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,918,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Not so much a rivalry but there seems to be a deep-seated dislike of Philadelphia by Pittsburgers that is well beyond the sports realm.
I actually see it the other way around. I grew up in Pittsburgh and never really thought of Philadelphia that much growing up. I knew it was on the other side of the state but no one really seem to care or talk about it. My girlfriend is from Philadelphia and everytime I go out there, if I wear something showing that I'm from Pittsburgh everyone gets me looks and says the Steelers suck.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
I'm no expert, but I'm surprised there is no rivalry between the coastal Seattle and the inland Spokane.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
Yeah. Seattle really feels threatened by Yakima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I'm no expert, but I'm surprised there is no rivalry between the coastal Seattle and the inland Spokane.
There is no rivalry, because the Seattle metro is about 7 times the size of Spokane metro. I just moved from Seattle to the Spokane area, and it's as different as night and day. Same state, but two very different cities with very different economies and different... everything, basically. Seattle people rarely even think of Spokane, and Spokane people usually admire Seattle.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:00 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Lexington vs Louisville and we all know Lexington is way better

Old 10-02-2014, 02:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Raleigh and Charlotte clearly have some kind of rivalry. The thread in the NC forum is up to 3,000 posts now, and you can just smell the bitterness looking from the outside.
I agree but it's not the only rivalry. Raleigh and Durham have their own fairly civil but intense rivalry and I suspect you'll find the same between Greensboro and Winston-Salem (though I don't enough about them to actually know).

That said, Raleigh/Durham and Charlotte have the two most active metro area forums in all of C-D.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I agree but it's not the only rivalry. Raleigh and Durham have their own fairly civil but intense rivalry and I suspect you'll find the same between Greensboro and Winston-Salem (though I don't enough about them to actually know).
I thought the only rivalry in NC was UNC vs Duke in basketball.. lol

Old 10-02-2014, 02:28 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Sioux Falls vs. Rapid City

Sioux Falls people like to brag that it's bigger than Rapid and there are more jobs and they pay better (by South Dakota standards, though, so still not fantastic). Rapid people like to brag because the weather is better and the scenery/outdoor options blow SF out of the water. It goes along with the East River/West River rivalry.

I have spent a little time in Sioux Falls (it's basically a smaller Omaha) and am a transplant to Rapid City. In my opinion, Rapid City/West River win the battle, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.