Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 03:28 PM

307 posts, read 1,394,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I actually agree with some of what you have said but that brings us to this question? What to do about it? If you could push a magic button that would do anything what would it do?

I was going to ask this question too. I mean what is the solution towards this?

I mean we can segregate many racial groups like they where back in the 1950's but that is a little too extreme. So we need to learn how to deal with diversity and its problems; Diversity all of it is part of life.

But what is the solution? -- because some people here complain so much about diversity yet do not provide a solution towards it.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:59 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,429,965 times
I think a lot of people on this board would love to ship all of the black folks back to Africa and Hispanics south of the border. Asians are the acceptable minority so they can stay. Europeans will always be welcomed.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 PM

1,179 posts, read 3,795,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post

I mean we can segregate many racial groups like they where back in the 1950's but that is a little too extreme. So we need to learn how to deal with diversity and its problems; Diversity all of it is part of life.

But what is the solution? -- because some people here complain so much about diversity yet do not provide a solution towards it.
Maybe we could enforce the border laws, and stop all new immigration? I think we have enough now.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:44 PM

167 posts, read 212,312 times
Quote:
New York City is the most diverse city in America.

Los Angeles, and Houston most likely come after.
I agree
And Miami and Chicago too

Old 01-12-2008, 11:56 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,895,024 times
Quote:

Exactly, while i'm not against diversity, I'm not afraid to admit that the idea of culturally being in the minority would bother me somewhat. IMO, other cultures moving into the U.S. should assimilate fully by the second or thrird gen. As Palpatine said, less pride of whatever 3rd world country they're from and more identifying themselves as Americans. That's my only requirement.

So I propose we limit immigration and deport "unattached" illegal aliens. By unattached I mean those that don't have legal immediate family members, of course. Obviously, I could never stand for kicking any American citizen out of the country for any reason. I would like to hear the Senator's point of view on this though.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM

208 posts, read 411,012 times
Diversity will be the death of the United States, no doubt about it. Think about it, you know there's always been a contingent of people out to topple the US. Well you CAN'T DESTROY it through military or economic force. But you can destroy it by changing the demographics of it. Keep in mind, third world nations aren't third world nations because of the soil there. Many of those particular countries are sitting on prime real estate loaded with resources. Those countries are the way they are because of the genetic make up and culture of those people.

Keep in mind, Iceland is a little island where its fiendishly cold and resources are sparse. But what did the Icelandic people do, they turned that junk real estate into one of the greatest places in the world in terms of standard of living and clean energy. Think about this ... if 300,000 Icelanders can turn a junk island into something wonderful but some "diversity candidates" can't turn their oil laden, country that's loaded with gold, silver, diamonds, beautiful sandy beaches and other resources into something wonderful, what does that tell you?

And the vast majority, not all, but most of these immigrants legal and illegal who flood into the US aren't here because they love Americana. (I'm including the ten or twenty or so Europeans who are allowed to immigrate here.) They're not here for "Leave it to Beaver", "I Love Lucy", Ray Charles, Jazz and God, family and apple pie. They're here so they can get "bling". In other words, they've come to make more money. And that's where their allegiance ends. They could care less about the families of the founding fathers in this nation or Texas history. If Nigeria suddenly became an economic powerhouse they'd flood there if they could. Their allegiance is to the contingent who can pay them the highest dollar. NEVER FORGET THIS.

Because if they truly were here for Americana, they'd shelve their ethno-centrism and culture evangelism ... AND ... they wouldn't start Political Action Committees to acquire more power and push their culture down everyone's throat.

Last edited by Senator Palpatein; 01-13-2008 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 AM

Decafdave you ever reason to be concerned. There are precedents all over the world that proves that when YOU and your genetic group become a minority that's when the knives against you come out. (You can view ghoalish pictures of whites killed in South Africa in Zimbabwe - do a Google search.) Already you know you can't walk down certain areas of American cities, areas where (not all but some) "diversity candidates" live... well imagine when the US looks like that pretty much all over 10 -15 years from now. Your only recourse is to live in some small town in the middle of nowhere where you can't make any decent money.

Diversity is a NEW CONCEPT. Human beings have known for over 6,000 years that it does NOT work. That's why there's over 136 nations in the world and geographic territories inside those nations where various genetic groups huddle. Virtually every war has been fought between 2 different ethnic groups! That's why there's low intensity warfare between two diversity groups in LA and other American cities. That's why nearly 30,000 white women are raped by one particular diversity group each year. It's a matter of time till we have our own breakup like Yugoslavia.

They preach diversity is our strength, but ask yourself this question. If you had heart surgery, would you choose from a pool of French or German brain surgeons or from a pool of people from a third world country?

Let's say you drive over a bridge every day of your life. Would you rather have a pool of Englishmen engineer that bridge or someone from a third world country?

If you've ever had diversity candidates as friends you know most of them wouldn't even pick their genetic group when it comes to this!

Last edited by Senator Palpatein; 01-13-2008 at 08:55 AM..

Old 01-13-2008, 09:09 AM

You want peace in the world right? You want human beings to live in happiness and prosperity right? I know I do.

Everyone has a right be proud of their culture -and they should. The problem is, when one genetic group pours into another country and starts their ethnic evangelism on their host country.

The best solution I think is repatriate ethnic evengalists. Give incentives for legal immigrants to leave. And pretty much close down all immigration. We don't need immigrants, we've already settled America from the East to West coast. We already have built infrastructure. At this point, our cities are becomming over-crowded, traffic is a nightmare, and we're destroying the environment via pollution and endless building and urban expansion.

All PACs should be outlawed and all laws pertaining to giving any one group an advantage (AA and government freebies) should be eliminated.

Ideally, all Americans should learn actual American history, not history revised to make "diversity candidates" comfortable - this way, WE ALL -- all Americans have a shared history. English should be the national language. We need to all come together to be one people, with the same tongue and culture and have the same goal.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 PM

492 posts, read 1,144,848 times
I live in Houston, probably the most diverse city in the US, probably in the world. My family and I love it here and could not imagine living in a hum drum boring place where everyone has a set of frame of mind and is forced to follow a specific tradition. Where there is more diversity there is more freedom, more freedom to think, to question and to use reason instead of following what your momo and and your grandma said or did. Historically most empires have been built and sustained by cultures within a culture. The Greeks, in their hey day had more foreingers living in Athens than Athenians. Rome became greater by annexing other foreing lands, making them citizens and taxing them afterwards. And the same holds true for the Aztecs, Incas, Indians, etc. etc. Any society which isolated from the rest of the world becomes regressive, provincial, and most of all, represive. Someone mentioned iceland, IMO there is nothing going on there. People just hang out. Have you seen their food? Uncooked Frozen shark is a delicacy there. But most people in the world couldn't swallow it. The Nazis overwhelmed the rest of the other German people because Germany prior to the 1st world war was very provincial and provincial people generally are followers. Japan may be good in electronics, but its people are generally followers: they improve an idea that someone in an open society had. In short, they are not known for really truly innovative ideas. Their government is doing everything to get them to think more freely and become creative. Diversity is a nest for ideas, creativity and freedom. I love Houston and do not know if I could be as content in Mayberry.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,895,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
I live in Houston, probably the most diverse city in the US, probably in the world. My family and I love it here and could not imagine living in a hum drum boring place where everyone has a set of frame of mind and is forced to follow a specific tradition. Where there is more diversity there is more freedom, more freedom to think, to question and to use reason instead of following what your momo and and your grandma said or did. Historically most empires have been built and sustained by cultures within a culture. The Greeks, in their hey day had more foreingers living in Athens than Athenians. Rome became greater by annexing other foreing lands, making them citizens and taxing them afterwards. And the same holds true for the Aztecs, Incas, Indians, etc. etc. Any society which isolated from the rest of the world becomes regressive, provincial, and most of all, represive. Someone mentioned iceland, IMO there is nothing going on there. People just hang out. Have you seen their food? Uncooked Frozen shark is a delicacy there. But most people in the world couldn't swallow it. The Nazis overwhelmed the rest of the other German people because Germany prior to the 1st world war was very provincial and provincial people generally are followers. Japan may be good in electronics, but its people are generally followers: they improve an idea that someone in an open society had. In short, they are not known for really truly innovative ideas. Their government is doing everything to get them to think more freely and become creative. Diversity is a nest for ideas, creativity and freedom. I love Houston and do not know if I could be as content in Mayberry.
Houston is not the most diverse country in the US, much less the world.

I see where you're coming from and I admit-a diverse area is more interesting to live in. However, we as a nation can't go on forever like some tossed salad-we have historically been a melting pot and that works fine. Either one ethnic minority becomes an overwhelming majority/or whites ramin a clear majority or there will be a genocide in the U.S. this century (just like the balkans).

Let's say, by 2055, we have 4 main cultural groups, each making up around 20-25% of the population. This will be all fine and dandy as long as the U.S. economy is growing and there is much wealth to be made. But, the minute, this dries up (and it will because all things come to an end) there will most likely be bloodshed, mass segregation, or the splitting of the states (best case scenario).

My point is this: There is nothing fundamentally wrong with any cultural/racial group. But, to have a stable society in the long run, you need a clear majority to be in place. And as a member of the current racial/cultural majority, will you call me racist if I desire my own group to remain the majority? If you asked any Chinese, Indian, Russian, Nigerian, if they want to be overwhelmed with a new culture and people group, you'll get a resounding no! or a hell no. But somehow, hear in America, I am a racist for thinking this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.