Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:11 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
New Hampshire + Vermont ----- I doubt 75% of the US population could tell which is which on a map.

Mississippi, Alabama, Georigia ----- See comment above.

Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming

Arizona and New Mexico

Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island
would think 50% as there are only two
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 04:24 PM

615 posts, read 448,002 times
Maryland should absorb Delaware.
Connecticut should absorb Rhode Island.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,801,634 times
Quote:
New Hampshire + Vermont ----- I doubt 75% of the US population could tell which is which on a map.

Arizona and New Mexico

Speaking of maps, Rhode Island doesn't border Maryland or Delaware. It's well over 200 miles between Rhode Island and Delaware, unless it somehow leapfrogged over Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. Might want to brush up on your geography a bit.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 11-13-2014 at 05:29 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 06:48 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Delaware and Pennsylvania
For more then 300 years, Pennsylvania still seeking access to the sea!

History of Delaware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William Penn was granted "Pennsylvania," which grant specifically excluded New Castle or any of the lands within 12 miles of it. Nevertheless, Penn wanted an outlet to the sea from his new province. He persuaded James (Duke of York) to lease him the western shore of the Delaware Bay. So, in 1682, Penn arrived in New Castle with two documents: a charter for the Province of Pennsylvania and a lease for what became known as "the Lower Counties on the Delaware."

Old 11-13-2014, 06:50 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:

Arizona and New Mexico

Merge Rhode Island with Maryland and Delaware?

Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
States are artificial political entities, and as such, cannot "mingle" with one another.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:55 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,467 times
I rather join Canada than combine with Ohio.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:01 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,172,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
Maryland should absorb Delaware.
Connecticut should absorb Rhode Island.
Delaware is more similar to Pennsylvania than Maryland. More people live in the urban north near PA than the rural south...

Old 11-15-2014, 07:03 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,172,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
For more then 300 years, Pennsylvania still seeking access to the sea!

History of Delaware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William Penn was granted "Pennsylvania," which grant specifically excluded New Castle or any of the lands within 12 miles of it. Nevertheless, Penn wanted an outlet to the sea from his new province. He persuaded James (Duke of York) to lease him the western shore of the Delaware Bay. So, in 1682, Penn arrived in New Castle with two documents: a charter for the Province of Pennsylvania and a lease for what became known as "the Lower Counties on the Delaware."
Awesome info!

Old 11-15-2014, 07:36 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,489,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I'd say Arkansas is more similar to Oklahoma/Missouri than Louisiana/Mississippi to be honest. Virginia is a lot more similar to North Carolina than West Virginia, Maryland, or Delaware. In fact, Virginia and Maryland aren't exactly best of friends according to what I've heard on this site. Tennessee and Kentucky makes sense, maybe West Virginia could be included with those. Maryland/Delaware could join Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York. To much surprise, I feel like South Carolina is more similar to Georgia than North Carolina. You have the division between Deep and Upper South when it comes to the Carolinas. In this case, I'd put South Carolina with Georgia and North Carolina with Virginia. Overall, I agree with the majority of the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.