Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:41 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKarmaGirl View Post
Thanks, everyone! I actually have a friend who lives in Atlanta, so I'll be visiting her this spring to check it out. I'll also look into NC. I'll be visiting Austin as well this spring to compare. I don't mind the heat, really. I've lived in the NE long enough to say goodbye to seasons for good
Dont be one of those people who cant wait to say "good riddance" to seasons, then regret the decision later. You can find mild seasons, with little-to-no winters (ie Atlanta). Id recommend Atlanta for you. Its definitely warmer in Atlanta than NE in winter, but summers there are not ridiculously hot and prolonged like they are here in Phoenix or Austin. Ive heard so many people say they dont mind heat, until theyre actually confronted with it year after year after year after year. Just like cold, heat wears on people, and they often find themselves looking for a milder climate after too long. Funny how that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 11:17 AM

779 posts, read 1,009,566 times
I think you'll enjoy the warmer weather for a nice change. You may end up moving back but that's a luxury that we all have.

One recommendation that I have is to make sure you don't move anywhere too humid. While the warmer weather will be a nice change, the humidity can be hard to deal with in the warmer areas. Especially when you have a professional job and are required to dress appropriately. You get sweaty, your hair sticks to your forehead, etc. It isn't fun when wearing a business suit.

However, with that being said, I still enjoy my warmer climate and you couldn't get me to go through long difficult winters again.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:00 PM

645 posts, read 834,783 times
Dallas, expect for #8. And its not warm, its boiling hot! If you can adjust, its probably the best. All big dadies of the corporate world are moving here.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:03 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,013 times
Lot of my family from the Boston and NYC area almost all of them moved to Atlanta, Orlando or Miami. Atlanta has a great corporate culture but its hard to get a job in Atlanta i heard, same with Florida cities like Miami or Orlando.. it def pays to be in health care. You can get a job anywhere if you are a good DR or nurse, or business exec in health care.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:07 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Dont be one of those people who cant wait to say "good riddance" to seasons, then regret the decision later. You can find mild seasons, with little-to-no winters (ie Atlanta). Id recommend Atlanta for you. Its definitely warmer in Atlanta than NE in winter, but summers there are not ridiculously hot and prolonged like they are here in Phoenix or Austin. Ive heard so many people say they dont mind heat, until theyre actually confronted with it year after year after year after year. Just like cold, heat wears on people, and they often find themselves looking for a milder climate after too long. Funny how that is.
I actually agree with Steve O for once. I used to live in Miami and while they have the best winters they have the worst falls, hurricane season hot and humid with a lot of rain, summers are ridiculously hot and humid and the springs are hot and humid as well.. Miami weather is only nice from end of Nov to end of March, which is why the snow bird from NY only live there during those months.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:08 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,385,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKarmaGirl View Post
4. Lots of liberal-minded people.
Gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.