Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:38 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Ok you got a point but here are some facts just so you know not trying to be mean just saying
Highest jail population
Highest gun ownership
The obesity thing is not a problem so I'm not ganna mention it
Most school shootings in the world
Highest consumption of petrol in the world
Highest poverty rate of any developed country in the world
Most mcdonalds per capita not really but a lot
So yeah
On the other
Brazil and mexico seem more dangerous than america from the looks of it (I'm half Argentina half mexican by the way)
Oh stop. Quit trying to derail the thread with your nonsense. Also, you claim to be in Texas but you call gas "petrol"? Do I smell a troll?...

OP, you will be fine in America. Don't even worry. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I immediately thought of this idea:

Fly into Washington, DC and check out the very good museums and sights there for a couple of days. Then drive down to Mt Vernon, in northern Virginia. It's the home of George Washington and it's very interesting to see an example of a working farm from that era. You would spend one day there.

From there you could drive on to Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown, Virginia's Historic Triangle. Plan to spend about a day in each place, and then go on to Virginia Beach and it's awesome boardwalk for a bit of fun in the sun for a couple of days.

Then you could drive across Virginia to the Smoky Mountains and the Shenandoah Valley. That area is really spectacularly beautiful. You could venture south into North Carolina and Cade's Cove, Cherokee, and that area for some more history in an absolutely breath taking environment. You can also do some ziplining in the Smoky Mountains - that's a lot of fun! Maybe even some whitewater rafting!

You could go in any number of directions from there. West into Tennessee, into Nashville and Memphis for some southern hospitality, country and blue grass music, and some boot scootin'! Or you could drive south east and check out Charleston and Savannah - oh, and North Carolina's beautiful Outer Banks on the way there.

Just some ideas. Others will have more ideas, I'm sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.