Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:22 AM

75 posts, read 89,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
By white I mean (European descent, non-middle eastern, non-Latino/Hispanic)large I don't just mean having over 100k people. I mean a culturally and economically important city, not the kind of place that when you tell someone where you're from, they say "where?"

I know Seattle and Portland are the most common answers, but besides those cities (which happen to be very much liberal/hippy cities which is a big turn off IMO) why are the other biggest and whitest cities?

If you have anything to say about this question that isn't helpful please refrain. I'm looking for a place to live and I am entitled to my preference. If you knew my history you would understand, I am a white African immigrant to the USA (not from South Africa - coming from a hostile country called Zimbabwe). I came here and settled in NY, but for long term it would be nice to find a place where people who look like me and have a similar (Anglo-Saxon) culture are. Also, I'm a bit on the conservative side socially for someone my age being a Christian and more traditional in my views , I prefer larger cities because of jobs and amenities.

Thanks so much and hope you have a great day!
The US is extremely diverse, you won't find the place you're looking for here in the US

maybe you should go back and live on those anglo enclaves of south africa where people who are not anglo, religious and uptight are not welcome

I however find it very disgusting that you come into a country and discriminate against many of its people, you have no right to come here and DEMAND anything.... you either adapt to the American way (people of all colors, creeds, sexualities, races coming together to interact) or go somewhere else!!!

f you're so desperate to be among anglos I suggest moving to England!

your religious, male centric, white is right views are not welcome anywhere in the US, not even in the religious bible belt (that happens to also be very diverse )

Last edited by claudio-claudio; 04-14-2015 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Much of the South (east Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, northern Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and southern Virginia) is considered "the most socially conservative and religious" area of the US, along with the States of Utah and Oklahoma. 'Red States' (aka Republican) will generally feel more conservative. Large cities in the US are generally Democratic-run (aka liberal).
I have close ties to North Carolina and he will find it too diverse and liberal

gay marriage is legal, gay couples can be seen around Raleigh and Charlotte and no one cares, it's aso very diverse with plenty of black people (its the south after all) and an increasing number of foreigners!

Old 04-14-2015, 03:41 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,607 times
I think the OP needs a time machine, otherwise they're out of luck. (Thankfully.)

Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,248 times
Quote:
Well, I am not the average 21 year old since I grew up in a very conservative environment in a white community in Africa. I don't understand and I'm kind of shocked by the way people my age act in this country and I find used having more in common with American 60 year olds. And I think I would rather live in a close in family suburb. I don't really go to nightclubs or anything but it would be very nice if there were neighborhood pubs and such.

Is it Pittsburgh safe? By leftist, what do you mean exactly?

Sounds to me like you need to find a good church-going girl and settle down in an outer suburb of a major Midwestern or Southern city. Take your pick: Columbus, Cinti, Indy, Pitts, Nashville, Charlotte, Greenville, Kansas City, Houston, and Dallas.

If you choose Cincinnati---Debbie Boehner is a realtor and can find you suitable housing....she has her finger on the pulse of area conservatives---and can get you plugged in pretty quickly. Her husband is the House Majority leader.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM

1,197 posts, read 4,781,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Sounds to me like you need to find a good church-going girl and settle down in an outer suburb of a major Midwestern or Southern city. Take your pick: Columbus, Cinti, Indy, Pitts, Nashville, Charlotte, Greenville, Kansas City, Houston, and Dallas.

If you choose Cincinnati---Debbie Boehner is a realtor and can find you suitable housing....she has her finger on the pulse of area conservatives---and can get you plugged in pretty quickly. Her husband is the House Majority leader.
This...

If you aren't determined to live in a city, there are PLENTY of conservative suburbs to choose from.

I also have a good friend who grew up in Zimbabwe. People in this thread really need to lighten up, he hasn't said anything bad, only that he wants to be around people with a similar culture.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
This...

If you aren't determined to live in a city, there are PLENTY of conservative suburbs to choose from.

I also have a good friend who grew up in Zimbabwe. People in this thread really need to lighten up, he hasn't said anything bad, only that he wants to be around people with a similar culture.
if he wants to be around people with similar culture then he needs to go Zimbabwe and be around white zimbabweans, I don't particularly think a white american from indiana has much in common culturally with a white zimbabwean!

what people are not happy with is with his dislike towards gays, and the fact that he thinks America shouldn't be the way it is but it should be like he thought it was gonna be

Old 04-14-2015, 12:29 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio-claudio View Post
if he wants to be around people with similar culture then he needs to go Zimbabwe and be around white zimbabweans, I don't particularly think a white american from indiana has much in common culturally with a white zimbabwean!

what people are not happy with is with his dislike towards gays, and the fact that he thinks America shouldn't be the way it is but it should be like he thought it was gonna be
I guess you haven't kept up with the news, but white people are not welcome in Zimbabwe. Their land has been forcibly confiscated, their possessions have been destroyed, and they are being forced to flee the country on pain of death. And guess who has been doing this? Yep, black people. Now, you and I know that it's not fair and not right to blame American blacks for what their African "brothers" are doing. But it's easy for us to cast stones, when we're not the ones being run out of our homelands. I will bet you that if the majority race of wherever you live was doing the same thing to you -- and doing it simply because of your race -- you wouldn't want to be around those people either.

There is room in America for all kinds of people, and that includes conservative Christians who prefer living in a white, Anglo-Saxon culture. I think the OP would be well served by focusing on the SUBURBS of the major cities of the South and Midwest. The column of states that extends from North Dakota down south to Texas would be good places to try out. Another, possibly surprising, choice would be the area around Grand Rapids, MI.

Oh, and OP, please don't count out evangelical Christians, just because you're not used to them. You will find that, by and large, they share your culture and your conservative religious beliefs more than just about anyone else.

EDIT to add that I'm disappointed in so many posters on this thread who are chastising the OP for being intolerant of lifestyles of which he does not approve, while these very same posters are themselves being intolerant of the OP for holding the views that he does.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 PM

45 posts, read 33,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio-claudio View Post
The US is extremely diverse, you won't find the place you're looking for here in the US

maybe you should go back and live on those anglo enclaves of south africa where people who are not anglo, religious and uptight are not welcome

I however find it very disgusting that you come into a country and discriminate against many of its people, you have no right to come here and DEMAND anything.... you either adapt to the American way (people of all colors, creeds, sexualities, races coming together to interact) or go somewhere else!!!

f you're so desperate to be among anglos I suggest moving to England!

your religious, male centric, white is right views are not welcome anywhere in the US, not even in the religious bible belt (that happens to also be very diverse )
I welcome his views.

Birds of a feather flock together, I've always heard.

And looking at the most dangerous cities (for crime) I can understand why OP asked this question.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:08 PM

45 posts, read 33,934 times
Quote:
By white I mean (European descent, non-middle eastern, non-Latino/Hispanic)large I don't just mean having over 100k people. I mean a culturally and economically important city, not the kind of place that when you tell someone where you're from, they say "where?"

I know Seattle and Portland are the most common answers, but besides those cities (which happen to be very much liberal/hippy cities which is a big turn off IMO) why are the other biggest and whitest cities?

If you have anything to say about this question that isn't helpful please refrain. I'm looking for a place to live and I am entitled to my preference. If you knew my history you would understand, I am a white African immigrant to the USA (not from South Africa - coming from a hostile country called Zimbabwe). I came here and settled in NY, but for long term it would be nice to find a place where people who look like me and have a similar (Anglo-Saxon) culture are. Also, I'm a bit on the conservative side socially for someone my age being a Christian and more traditional in my views , I prefer larger cities because of jobs and amenities.

Thanks so much and hope you have a great day!
God bless you, sir!

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Old 04-14-2015, 01:15 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,060 times
Quote:
If you knew my history you would understand, I am a white African immigrant to the USA (not from South Africa - coming from a hostile country called Zimbabwe).
That damned Mugabe.

Anyway, try to the south of you in Virginia. While we don't have huge cities, we still have cities with quite a few amenities and job opportunities. Virginia Beach is one of the most conservative cities in the US; however, it's still considerably diverse. However, given the state of race relations between Black and White Africans in Zimbabwe, you might find the area a bit of a breath of fresh air. There's very little segregation here because of the huge military presence, so there's very little racial tension in the area. (All the races here tend to get along, except for a few bad apples here and there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.