Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I never said southerners laze around. I said I highly doubt they are as fit as New Yorkers.
You really despise sunbelt cities don't you? Because you have no idea what your talking about;if you actually think southern cities are slow paced.How about living here and finding out for yourself and quit assuming just because there car-centric cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 11:03 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You really despise sunbelt cities don't you? Because you have no idea what your talking about;if you actually think southern cities are slow paced.How about living here and finding out for yourself and quit assuming just because there car-centric cities.
Does this really require assumptions? Because I can easily look up the stats for this via Google (of which I already have)...

And no, I like some sunbelt cities such as Miami, Houston (though a little competition with it in this thread), and if you want to say New Orleans.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:21 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
New Yorkers are busy people. I'm insanely busy when I'm not here. I get up at 4:30 AM, walk the dog for an hour, get ready for school, go to school. Dismissed at 2:15, then sports, home at 3:30 (depends on practice schedules, games, or if there even is practice). From 3:30 PM - 10:30 PM I walk the dog for another hour, do homework, dishes, vacuum, laundry, clean the living room, counters, watch the Yanks, Giants, Rangers, or Knicks for a while, then go to bed. I'm pretty free on the weekends though.
You didn't mention food! You get up at 4:30 am, eat cold pizza, eggs and sausages, walk the dog, get ready for school, have an eclair, eat a low fat, diet energy bar and drink diet Pepsi on the bus. First break sees you at the student store buying candy and chips and lunch has you eating school hamburgers and pizza. At 2:15 there are your sports activities. From 3:30 onward you walk your dog and break out the leftover Halloween candy to help you with the homework. Then: DINNER! God knows what happens there. Your mom does the dishes, vacuuming, laundry, counters- (who you trying to kid?). Then you watch your various team sports on television which means "Break out the beer and hotdogs!" Did you forget about us? You spend an hour or two trying to convince us how great people are there, and then you fall asleep with a Hostess cherry pie! JUST KIDDING! Seriously, most NY people are in their apartments after work eating and watching TV

Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Seriously, most NY people are in their apartments after work eating and watching TV
Ladies and gentlemen, the King, the man who stands alone while expressing his hatred of New York; MILQUETOAST! And he's mentioning food as if New Yorkers are pigs and yet his city, Los Angeles, is the 5th fattest city in America according to this thread.

So, uh, when are you making your first trip ever up to New York, Mr. IKnowTheNYCLifestyleBetterThanANativeNYer?

Way to bite yourself in the butt with your own comment.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 PM

It's just nature's way. Too tired from walking and jogging all over and diving into the nearest mass transit vehicle like superheroes I mean, that's gotta take a lot out of a person! Whew! Unless, you were to suggest that people where you're from are...super naturally human!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
It's just nature's way. Too tired from walking and jogging all over and diving into the nearest mass transit vehicle like superheroes I mean. that's gotta take a lot out of a person! Whew! Unless, you were to suggest that people where you're from are...super naturally human!
Well, I must say it takes a lot more out of you to walk to the subway in New York than it does to take 10 steps to get to your car in Los Angeles.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM

See how many calories you burn driving 40 miles to work on your average L. A. freeway.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
See how many calories you burn driving 40 miles to work on your average L. A. freeway.
Yeah, it must be a real adrenaline rush going exactly 1.3 miles per hour.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM

Ohhhh, score one for Future

Old 01-05-2008, 05:16 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,652 times
Default ***Important Note***

I was just made aware that this list of fittest and fattest cities is from 2006, not 2007! I tried to find their 2007 list but to no avail!

The rankings changed quite a bit from '05 to '06, so maybe '07 holds some surprises?

p.s. I am curious to see if the Texans will show any improvement over having 4 of the Top 10 fattest 2006 cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.